Location: Teacher Administration Center, 3215 Cuming Street, Omaha NE
Reports To: IMS Technical Support Coordinator
Work Schedule/FLSA Status: 261 day 12-month / Salaried Exempt
Salary Schedule: Specialist 4, 92D
Position Purpose: Perform system administration duties in support of student instructional applications used for digital learning.
Essential Performance Responsibilities:
- Perform system administration duties, such as configuration for Clever, Canvas and other applications
- Provide technical and functional support for student instructional applications used for digital learning
- Support functional trainers and users by providing additional knowledge of software functionality and dependencies, such as: set up in Infinite Campus, needing an email account, etc.
- Collaborate and communicate with Help Desk staff, Technical Support staff, 3rd party software support, and Instructional staff for comprehensive and consistent support of new and existing applications
- Diagnose problems, troubleshoot issues, and follow through to resolution, including but not limited to application configuration, data exports, staff and student access to specific applications, new and existing digital learning applications
- Create and maintain documentation regarding data being extracted from Infinite Campus, PeopleSoft, or other sources and how those data values are impacting the exports and applications. Other examples of documentation include configuration, processes, troubleshooting resolutions, code logic etc.
- Submit vendor inquiries; monitor and communicate outcomes
- Review digital learning usage trends and data, provide periodic updates to IMS and CIS administrators
- Manage subscriptions of online applications
- Work closely with others on the Student Data Information Systems (SDIS) team for Infinite Campus processes and setup
- Understand Infinite Campus data and process, especially those areas with specific impact to data exports for instructional applications (Examples: Staff History, District Assignments, Courses and Sections)
- Understand SQL logic for existing data exports and views
- Write and/or update SQL code to extract student and staff data from Infinite Campus and PeopleSoft
Performs other related tasks as assigned by supervisor and other central office administrators as designated by the Director of IMS.
Equipment: This position may require the ability to use basic office equipment such as computers, copiers, scanners, and fax machine. Must always comply with OPS’s guidelines for equipment use.
Travel: Limited travel may be required.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards:
- Must be able to respond rapidly in emergency situations.
- Must have organization, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Work in school building and central office environments.
- Contact with personnel within the district and with customers and vendors.
- Will be working under the direct supervision of the department supervisor in order to complete day to day tasks.
- Will be working with a diverse population requiring the ability to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Must understand and respond appropriately to customer needs and maintain a positive attitude with all customers and colleagues.
- Expected to interact with all internal and external customers in a friendly, professional manner and provide quick, responsive customer service.
Employee Punctuality and Appearance
- In order for schools to operate effectively, employees are expected to perform all assigned duties and work all scheduled hours during each designated workday, unless the employee has received approved leave.
- Any deviation from assigned hours must have prior approval from the employee’s supervisor or building administrator.
- All employees are required to report to work dressed in a manner that reflects a positive image of Omaha Public Schools and is appropriate for their position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years of coding SQL queries preferred
- Clever experience, 1-3 years preferred
- Canvas experience, 1-3 years preferred
- Advanced experience using strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Infinite Campus software and Tableau data analytics software
- Advanced skill in Microsoft: Windows Operating Systems, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Office Suite versions, Visio, Project, etc.
- Ability to conduct analysis (plan, organize, problem-solve, and think abstractly/conceptually) in an educational environment
- Exhibit strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Independently follow tasks through to completion and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently or with a team to research and solve critical issues
- Strong communication skills enabling the ability to convey accurate and timely information – verbally and written
- Willingness to comply with District, local, state, and federal laws and standards
- Ability to understand technical manuals and procedural documentation as well as keep documentation up to date
- Ability to thoroughly document development work efforts (both new and existing)
- Ability to work through difficult issues and maintain a positive attitude when communicating with others
- Ability to work hours outside of normal schedule with little or no advance notification
- Licensed in good standing and able to travel (drive) throughout the District
Terms of Employment
This position is treated as a full-time exempt classified position. The terms of your employment will be governed by applicable state laws regulating employment in a Nebraska public school and Board of Education policies, as those laws and policies may change from time to time. If your position is represented by a collective bargaining representative, then your employment will also be governed by a negotiated agreement between OPS and that collective bargaining representative.
The offer of employment is contingent upon:
- Obtaining and providing verification of all licenses, certificates, and other requirements for the position (e.g., Paraprofessionals obtaining “Highly Qualified status,” etc.), as identified and maintaining all licenses, certificates, and requirements for your position throughout employment.
- A background check which demonstrates to OPS that background is acceptable for the position.
- Verification of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (if required for position offered).
- Successful completion of a tuberculosis skin test (if required for position offered).
Omaha public schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, sexual orientation, disability, age, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation or economic status in its programs, activities, employment, and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following individual has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Director for the Office of Equity and Diversity, 3215 Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131. (531-299-0307)
The Omaha Public School District is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process please contact the human resources department at 531-299-0240.
Omaha Public Schools