The AIM Institute is an innovative not-for-profit organization that grows a strong and diverse tech community through education, career development, and outreach.
One of our best assets, the culture at AIM is supportive, fun, and innovative. Our employees have a passion to assist businesses and encourage economic development everywhere we go. We’re always questioning, always learning. If you’re a challenge seeker, a problem solver, an idea igniter…we’re looking for you.
The Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for recruiting and helping support AIM participants during their journey into a career in the technology field. They will do this through strong community engagement, guiding students of all ages through the application process, and maintaining open communication with them throughout their tech journey. This will involve 1:1 sessions with students during classes and post-graduation to assist them with finding their first job in tech.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prioritize student recruitment by meeting student outreach goals, raising awareness of programs through community engagement, and innovating new strategies to promote tech programs
- Coordinate graduates with opportunities in the tech field through student sponsorships, and helping with student placement
- Track & pre-screen incoming applicants
- Pre-screen candidates and move them through the application process (issue assessment info, request resumes, move forward to interview, assess financial need and other support)
- Assist in all recruiting efforts
- Coordinate and set up interviews with potential employers
- Enroll & onboard students
- Highly organized and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong desire to work in a collaborative team environment
- Social media experience or familiarity with social media platforms and best practices.
- Adhere to deadlines and team priorities
- Event experience a plus
- Track status of student success in program activities & perform a mid-term survey
- Responsible for all course tracking including the status of each student
- Graduation and info session organization includes hosting and getting invites, food and attendee reminders, quality event management
- Coordinate financial aid options
- Host Info Sessions and/or Workshops
- Communicate and advocate for the AIM Brand externally
- Maintain positive culture and environment - advocate for the Brand
- Drive leads for all tech programming
- Engage in the tech community including attending and hosting events on behalf of AIM
- Writing and/or finalizing outgoing communications to participants
- Looking for opportunities to tell AIM stories to the community such as tech conferences and meetups
- Follow up on leads and conduct research to identify potential prospects
- Build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, 2+ years’ experience working with related technologies, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience totaling 6 years.
- Preferred experience in an educational setting with a technical background and sales ability.
- Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in Google Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High comfort level in public speaking
- Experience in Wordpress strongly preferred
- Creative thinking and ability to strategize
- Attention to detail