The Mid-America Center is the Heartland's premier entertainment and convention center. The multi-purpose facility is the metro area's link to the ultimate in live entertainment and sporting events. From rock shows to family shows and much more, the arena has hosted top names in show business as well as numerous community events.
Benefits include the option to enroll in 401k with a company match, free parking, and a wide variety of team member activities.
Responsible for facilitating ticket sales, cash and credit card transactions, and Will Call.
Ask about our hiring bonus during your HR interview.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Primary responsibility for selling and accounting for tickets including the reconciliation of monies once Box Office closes.
- Provides customer assistance via telephone, in person, and by mail, e.g., completing forms, filling ticket requests, researching and sharing event information, directing customers to appropriate entities for assistance.
- Prepares cash bank and daily accurate inventory of all tickets distributed and available for sale.
- Is familiar with Mid-America Center layout, including but not limited to, reserved seating area, configurations, concession availability, merchandise availability, and parking lot layout.
- Performs data entry in the maintenance of various records, files, and accounts according to box office needs.
- Files and retrieves various records, files, forms, and related department documents as directed.
- Operates a computer in preparing or transferring various information to prescribed formats, e.g.., tickets, publicity flyers, event information, performance programs, records, correspondence, and memoranda.
- Utilizes discretion and judgment while interpreting and applying box office operations policy and procedural questions in resolving complaints.
- Presents oneself as a credit to Company and encourages others to do the same.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, GED or comparable experience preferred.
- Operate computerized ticketing system; standard office equipment and personal computers using MS-DOS, Windows, Word, Excel and event booking / scheduling software.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and other encountered in the course of employment.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Understand all aspects of box office operations. Possesses a working knowledge of computer ticketing systems and the ability to update, integrate and implement procedure in response to state of the art changes.
- Comprehend and use bookkeeping principles and standard accounting practices.
- Recognize and solve problems rapidly and effectively while handling a large volume of tickets and cash in a fast paced environment.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages accurately and efficiently.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Good oral and written communication skills including tact when dealing with difficult customers, must be fluent and literate in English.
- Must be able to maintain a neat, well-groomed, professional appearance and uphold the company appearance standards.
- Adheres to departmental and company policies and maintains compliance with all regulatory, governmental, and safety requirements.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to lift up to 20 lbs., and ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop and stack. Must be able to run on level surfaces, as well as, up and down stairs.
- Must be able to work in areas containing dust, second hand smoke, varying noise and temperature levels, lighting, vibration, crowds and air quality.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be flexible with schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
Harrahs Council Bluffs, Horseshoe Council Bluffs, the Mid-America Center, and the Hilton Garden Inn, all part of Caesars Entertainments expansive portfolio, are looking to bring the best talent from around the area to the Empire. We know that excellent service begins with our team members, which is why we are all inspired by the companys Mission, Vision, and Values and why we strive for greatness each and every day. From providing the best gaming experience with two casino properties to offering two hotels with varying amenities, and convention, meeting, and entertainment space perfect for events big and small, our teams and properties are here to serve the Council Bluffs-metro area no matter the need.
As a part of the new hire process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended, except where applicable law requires that such pre-employment screening occur post-offer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex, age over 40, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.