MAJOR DUTIES (may include):
- Oversees all aspects of USAFSAMs International Training Program and International Military Student Officer (IMSO) duties.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for Security Assistance/Cooperative Development Training program providing daily oversight and management for all international military student support functions.
- Coordinates the social sponsor program and arranges activities under the Field Studies Program (FSP).
- Serves as chief administrator and key management advisor to the Chief, Aerospace Medicine Education Division, for actions including internal budget and finance, personnel, training, and contracting.
- Advises on all financial programs, administering all budgets to maximize support for all courses conducted by the Aerospace Medicine Education and Training division for enlisted, officers, civilians and foreign nationals from novice to post graduate.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year or 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to the DO-01 band level or GS-11 grade level in the Federal service or equivalent in an alternate pay system. Specialized experience is experience with International Military Student Officer (IMSO) duties as well as administrative duties in the medical training and education fields.
To view the OPM qualification standard https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0300/miscellaneous-administration-and-program-series-0301/
In addition, applicants must meet the Basic Qualification requirements for 0300 positions. To view the OPM Qualification Standards click on the following link:
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and/or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY OR MEET BASIC EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS? All candidates MUST provide college or university transcripts to support educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the education requirements. However, you must show proof of the education credentials have been deemed to be equivalent at least to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. For more information click here.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT/OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS:
· This may/may not be a Testing Designated Position. The incumbent may be subject to pre-employment drug testing as a condition of employment, and participation in random drug testing.
· Your latest resume will be used to determine qualifications.
Federal Employees Health Benefits Programs http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/
Fact Sheet on Leave Program http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/HTML/factindx.asp
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employment must be rated at 90 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Incentives: Relocation, Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
ies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. Information about an individuals employment experience will be used only to determine the persons qualifications and to assess his or her relative level of knowledge, skills, and abilities. Although an individuals personal conduct may be relevant in any employment decision, including conduct during periods of unemployment or evidence of dishonesty in handling financial matters, financial difficulty that has arisen through no fault of the individual will generally not itself be the basis of an unfavorable suitability or fitness determination.
EEO Statement: THE DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Selection will be made without regard to non-merit factors such as race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, politics, disability, or sexual orientation, which do not relate to successful performance of the duties of the position except where specifically authorized by law.
This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the agency. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.