1. Performs all phases of the repair and reclamation process for crashed or damaged aircraft utilizing lifting bags, cranes, hoists, slings, forklifts, and other heavy equipment. Maintains and stores the special equipment identified and assigned to the crash recovery mission.
2. Serves on the flight control team and may coordinate team functions. Participates in flight crew debriefing, troubleshooting, repairing: and replacing components as required.
3. Advises on and participates in the removal. rigging, and replacement of flight control surfaces, portable huffet and lavatory units. Utilizes a wide variety of technical gauges, instruments and tools such as bead breakers, micrometers, dial indicators. pressure gauges, torque wrenches, tensiometers, weight and balance testers, and inside and outside calipers to test. overhaul, rig and install major airframe components.
4. Accomplishes organizational and intermediate level maintenance, which involves major repairs, TCTOs, and/or flight controls, landing years. doors and canopies and associated equipment requiring structural or component maintenance beyond the capabilities of other activities.
5. Performs intermediate level maintenance on aircraft wheel and tires and may also accomplish organizational maintenance such as wheel and tire and brake changes. When a supply point for build-up assets is established in the shop, will insure DIF+ assets processing and procedures are accomplished according to applicable directives.
6. Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations such as ORI, II: and LIE inspections, mobility, and command support exercises. May be required to perform such additional duties as structural fire fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty. security guard. snow removal, munitions loading and handling, heave equipment operator; maintenance of facilities and equipment. or serve as a member of a team to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
**** A more comprehensive detailed description of the position may be found in Position Description D0100000 or D1366000 in the employing unit or in the Human Resources Office ****