Human Resource Manager
Durham Staffing Solutions Sioux Center, IA
Our client is searching for a Human Resource Generalist who will be accountable for policy development, and directing/coordinating various human resource actives, such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and employee services by performing the following duties.
- Recruit and interview potential applicants on experience, skills, and education. to fill vacant positions.
- Contacts applicants’ references and performs background checks required by company.
- Updates job requirements when needed.
- Organizes and manages new employee orientation, on-boarding, and training programs to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
- Explains and provides information on employee benefits, programs, and education. May also advise on benefit needs or evaluate benefit contract bids.
- Covers all legal compliance for human resource federal and state requirements.
- Maintains employee records and paperwork.
- Represents employer in community and recruiting events.
- Answers employee questions and addresses employee concerns with company; including employee safety, welfare, wellness and health.
- Coordinates committees on wellness, training, health and safety, culture, and co-analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
- Coordinates directives advising department managers of Company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Consults with legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets top management information needs.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization. Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
- Prepares budget of human resources operations.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services
- HR applicants require a bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or a related field, or extensive prior experience in human resources
- Three to five plus years of experience in human resources positions.
- Possesses superb written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping
- Organized and efficient in daily tasks
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations, preferred.
- Knowledge of employment laws and best practices
| Date Posted
July 15, 2019
| Date Closes
August 14, 2019
| Located In
Sioux Center, IA
| Job Type
Salary, $50.00 - $65,000.00, Based on Experience
| Experience Level
Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)
| SOC Category
11-3121.00 Human Resources Managers
This job requires the following skills
- Administrative Assistant
- HR Administration
- HRIS Concepts
- Human Resource Generalist
- Human Resources Concepts
- Legal Issues for H.R. and Management
- Payroll Processing
- Recruiting and Selection
- Recruiting Concepts
- Training Development
- Vendor Management
This job is related other jobs in these career categories