CLOSING DATE:February 18th, 2019
Do youwant a career with a company that makes a difference every day?
Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the countrys largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year.
OVERVIEW OF JOB
Boys Town Louisiana is seeking Youth Care Workers for our location in Gretna.
As our Youth Care Worker you will assist in the supervision and training of at-risk youth in our Intervention & Assessment Program.
- This program provides temporary placement for youth until a more permanent placement is found.
- With a team of fellow staff members, you will assess and monitor youth skills and progress to determine skill development needs and priorities.
- You will utilize the Boys Town Model to teach and monitor behaviors and skills in accordance with each youths individualized service plan often focusing areas such as: independent living skills, social skills, personal hygiene, behavioral issues, and interaction with their peers.
- As our Youth Care Worker you will monitor youth activities to maintain a safe living environment at all times.
- Additionally, you will observe and support each youths academic performance to encourage educational success.
- You will be responsible for transporting youth to activities such as school, appointments, and outings.
- You will also participate in mediation and planning conferences with youth and their families and assist in processing documents for youth intake and departure, progress summaries, and incident reports.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
- To be at least 21 years of age or older
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- A valid drivers license with a good driving record and the ability to pass a MVR Check
- Strong desire and ability to work with youth
- Willingness to work flexible hours, which will include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to pass a medical examination and a thorough background check and reference verification procedure in order to determine ones fitness to satisfactorily and safely care for youth
- Ability to attend a two weeks paid training in Omaha, Nebraska
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.