Panhandle Cooperative Association Miscellaneous
MISSION STATEMENT The Panhandle Cooperative System, a patron-owned, community-based company, dedicated to serving "Families, Farms & Food. Our company logo identifies our cooperative...More about us
MISSION STATEMENTThe Panhandle Cooperative System, a patron-owned, community-based company, dedicated to serving "Families, Farms & Food.
Our company logo identifies our cooperative’s involvement and commitment to those it serves, as well as our mission statement.
OUR VISIONTo be the BEST and to be recognized as the BEST by our customers.
OUR CORE VALUES
- First & Foremost, Protect our Employees & the Environment
- Offer High Quality Products with a High Level of Service
- Customer Satisfaction our Customers can count on
- Profitability through Excellence and Efficiency
- 3Es! Employees-Engaged, Energized & Enthusiastic!
Company HistoryPanhandle Coop was formed in 1942 with 60 members. Today the cooperative has over 20,000 members and over 400 employees. It is a much diversified company providing products and services in petroleum, crop production, and retail which consists of convenience stores, dispensing stations, car and truck service, ag chemicals and fertilizer plants, crop consulting, and grocery stores.
The cooperative is owed by the people who use it and it is governed by a Board of Directors elected by the stockholders. Patrons may participate in annual patronage dividends based up upon their purchases during the year and the Cooperative’s profit.
Panhandle Coop differentiates itself by committing to the company’s core values and product; demonstrating hard-working; and the desire to have fun. Panhandle Coop’s success is in its employees; therefore our goal is to provide a positive working environment and recognize our employee’s; hard work and contribution.
As a Panhandle Coop employee, you can look forward to a workplace which values:
- Career Advancement. We actively work on helping you establish and develop your career path. We work with you on defining challenging, yet achievable, goals and provide you with feedback and tools to achieve those goals.
- Diverse responsibilities. We provide cross training in all divisions of Panhandle Coop and strive to provide a challenging work environment with new responsibilities that provide learning opportunities.
- Teamwork. There is a feeling of being part of a team that develops motivated, satisfied employees who feel a stronger connection to their coworkers.
- Open communication. Our talented employees thrive on making an impact, so they’re usually bursting with ideas and feedback.
- Mentoring and coaching. Mentoring and coaching is not the same as managing and supervising. The difference lies in useful interaction between new and veteran staff members.
- Fun events. Community involvement and company sponsored events.
- Employee Loyalty. Our average tenure is about 6½ years with many employees receiving 30+ service awards.
- A professional Human Resources Staff to support our employees.
Our benefits package:
- Pension Plan (Coop Retirement) — Shared company and employee contributions.
- Profit Sharing/401K Plan — Choose from a variety of investment options.
- Group Life Insurance — Panhandle Coop pays for the first $50,000 worth of coverage.
- Group Medical Insurance — Employee and family coverage; shared cost between company and employee; wellness benefits plan; prescription drug card; 2 benefit plan options.
- Pretax Premium Plan (Select Flex) — Optional; covers unreimbursed medical expenses.
- Paid Holidays — Seven, including employee’s birthday!
- Paid Vacation — Varies depending on length of service; use as soon as you accrue; may carryover unused portions.
- Sick Leave Program — 6 days per year.
- Payroll Savings Plan — May save a portion of your pay every pay period in a savings plan that draws interest.
- Bereavement Pay Plan — for death of immediate family members.
- Jury Duty Pay Protection Plan — Jury duty paid time off.
- Family Medical Leave Plan and Leave of Absence Plans —Variety of options for leave.
- Employee Discount Program — A benefit to employees that includes discounts on products, i.e. propane, groceries, fuel, etc.
- Long-term Service Recognition Program — Length of service recognized.
- Fitness for Duty (drug-free) Program — Pre-employment and random drug testing.
Panhandle Coop organizes several different activities and functions throughout the year that include company picnics, employee annual meetings, golf outings, and other activities. Our 2007 annual employee picnic was held at Five Rocks Amphitheater in Gering, NE. We had a great turnout with activities such as kids’ survival games, drawings for prizes, safety awards, volleyball, horseshoes, and many more fun activities.
Community InvolvementOur company is dedicated to our communities. We are members of local Chambers of Commerce, 4-H and FFA sponsorship, United Way Corporate Sponsor and employee involvement of Adopt-A-School programs, Nebraska Cooperative Council, donations to YMCA, local Kiwanis and Rotary Clubs, Keep Scottsbluff/Gering Beautiful, Nebraska Lottery, many employees are members of local volunteer fire departments, and other community programs.
PANHANDLE COOP ASSOCIATION (ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES)
401 S. BELTLINE HWY. WEST, SCOTTSBLUFF, NE 69361
PHONE: (308) 632-5301 OR FAX: (308) 632-5375
PANHANDLE COOP LOCATIONS
Plaza West-Car & Truck Center, Scottsbluff Feed
Plaza Cenex and Northgate Ampride
Scottsbluff Fuel & Propane
Scottsbluff Crop Production
Bridgeport Fuel & Propane, Mr. Tire, Car & Truck Center
Bridgeport Crop Production
Dalton Crop Production
Fuel & Propane
Bulk & Packaged Oil
Knutsen Energy, Kimball Nebraska
Fuel, Bulk & Packaged Chevron Oil, & Propane
Main Street Market Grocery Store
Torrington Fuel & Propane
Torrington Station-Mr. Tire
Torrington Crop Production
Fuel & Propane
Feed & Livestock Equipment
Main Street Market Grocery Store
See Job Postings on
PO Box 2188, Scottsbluff, NE 69361 United States