Earlier today, we welcomed you to our blog. And on our blog, we’ll be posting about everything from advice for job seekers, to news about AIM, to tips for companies seeking employees. You can be sure to expect a wide variety of content.
But before we dive in and start writing about the important details of the career searching world, we thought we might write a post telling a little bit more about who we are, what we do, and how we’re different from other job search websites.
To start, here’s a pretty basic summary of what we do: we’re an online employee recruitment and career-development site, created and hosted by AIM.
AIM is a non-profit from Nebraska that’s committed to strengthening the Nebraska business environment, and here at AIM Careerlink, we’ve created an invaluable tool for helping people get connected with endless career opportunities.
We cater to the following groups:
- Job seekers
And we know what you might be thinking–aren’t there already lots of sites already out there for helping find jobs? What about LinkedIn, Craigslist, or Monster?
Yes, there are other job sites out there. But for employers and job seekers (in addition to the rest of the groups mentioned above), there’s simply no better tool for finding good employees and good jobs.
Here are a few reasons why:
- Unlimited job postings and user accounts: As a business, a Basic Unlimited Subscription will grant you access to over 200,000 job seekers each year–and you’ll also be able to post an unlimited number of jobs over that entire year. No other tool around allows that kind of power at a reasonable price.
- Unlimited access to resume database: In addition to unlimited posting and user accounts for your business, the same subscription will get you access to a database of over 125,000 resumes. We have powerful search tools, and make it as easy as possible for you to reach out and find a qualified candidate if you don’t feel like waiting around for a candidate to come to you.
- Online applicant tracking: Here’s another great feature on AIM Careerlink: applicant tracking. As a business, you can track applications you receive, rank them, send them emails, search through qualifications, and more. This allows you to keep up on candidates and make sure that you’re always getting the most qualified employee for the job.
- Job seeker resources: If you’re seeking a job, we offer a lot of great resources for helping to find the right job. Sign-up for a job seeker account on AIM Careerlink is free, and you get access to lots of tools for finding yourself a career. If you’re a student, you can also find scholarships, apply for internships, and plan out a career.
- Great, verified employers: As a job seeker, you can sleep well knowing that you have access to some of the biggest names in business right here in the Midwest. You can post a resume to get found by employers, and of course, you can actively seek out companies that you want to work for, too. The number of great employers active on AIM Careerlink is invaluable for anyone looking to find a job. And one more thing–all employers on AIM Careerlink have to be verified, so when you’re applying for a job or getting an interview, you’ll know that you’re applying somewhere legitimate.
With AIM Careerlink, you’re getting more than just a job search–you’re getting access to well-thought-out, effective tools, and a large number of strong employers. And even with the other job search websites out there, it’s hard to beat that.
Come back to our blog over the coming weeks for information on anything from how to be great at finding employees to how to make the most of job-seeking tools.
In the mean time, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us in the comments, on Facebook, or on Twitter (@aimcareerlink). We’re ramping up our social media efforts over the coming months and would love to answer any questions that you may have!