They say that a picture is worth a thousand words–but what about a picture that’s loaded with words?
Infographics, or visual/graphic representations of information, are picking up speed as a way to show data in an easy-to-read, accessible format. And as it turns out, they’re starting to see use in the recruiting world, too.
We’ve already given you the top 20 online recruiting resources, but today, we’ve compiled a list of 10 must-see infographics for employers seeking talent:
- Candidates Are Customers Too… How Do You Treat Yours? The impressions that you leave on candidates while recruiting are actually very important to your company and your brand. What kind of impression are you leaving on the people you interview?
- Mobile Trends in Recruiting and Staffing. Today, smartphones take up a lot of our time–they make us all constantly connected. As a result, recruiting is starting to spill over into the mobile world. This infographic takes a look at some of the data related to that trend, so you can start to think about how you might start using mobile recruiting.
- Recruiting Technology: A Social History. We’ve talked before about using social media to increasing your recruiting’s effectiveness. This infographic looks at the history of ‘social recruiting,’ and was put together by a favorite resource of ours–Jobvite.
- Evaluate Your Recruiting Process. What are the dos and don’ts when it comes to creating a recruiting process? Take a look and see what the makers of this infographic think.
- The Importance of Mobile Recruiting. Our number three infographic broke down the history of mobile recruiting, and this one looks at why it’s so important. A must-see if you’re unsure about whether or not you should be using mobile recruiting.
- How Businesses Use Social Media for Recruiting. Again, this is right in line with some of what we’ve said before about recruiting and social media. Have a look and see how your social recruiting stacks up with the rest of your competition.
- The Outrageous Costs of a Bad Hire. We know that hiring the right person is important, but have you ever thought about the cost breakdown of hiring the wrong person? This infographic breaks down the cost of bad hires, and should have you thinking about how exactly you choose your final candidates.
- How Not to Write Job Descriptions. We’ve already covered writing a good job posting, but what makes a bad job description? This infographic takes a look at what job seekers think about job descriptions and can be helpful in knowing what to avoid.
- The State of Social Recruiting in 2012. Here’s another great infographic from Jobvite. This one is about how social recruiting is being used by recruiters today, and can help steer your strategy for using social media to find new talent.
- The Landscape of Recruitment. Finally, the landscape of recruitment covers what’s important to job seekers, what should be important to employers, and how job seekers make choices. A great resource.
When you’re seeking new talent, it’s always beneficial to have a clear picture of what’s going on around the industry, whether for job seekers, or for other employers who are seeking talent. These infographics are a great, easy way to get a lot of that information, and we recommend giving them all a look when you have a few minutes to spare.
Whether you’re a job seeker or an employer seeking talent, AIM Careerlink is an incredible tool. If you have questions about AIM Careerlink and what it can do for you, reach out to us on Twitter and let us know. We’d love to help!