We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
Community Outreach Advisor
*Position is required to work in the Georgia State Office*
WoodmenLife is looking for a Community Outreach Advisor to join our Team!
We are currently searching for a Community Outreach Advisor to join our team. This role will help implement all fraternal programs, activities and initiatives to grow and retain members within a marketing area. This role is designed to enhance WoodmenLifes recognition and support a strong and growing membership in the marketing area.
We are a stable company with over 130 years doing business in Omaha. As a member of the WoodmenLife family, youre joining others who share your commitment to family, community and country. Through WoodmenLife, youll have opportunities to connect with others, give back locally, and honor those who make an impact. As a not-for-profit life insurance company, weve been helping to protect the financial future of families, making a difference in hometowns across America since 1890. We are passionate about our members, servicing others, being open minded, providing an environment of inclusion and collaborative spirit. We also provide world class benefits to our associates. Is this the type of company you could work for?
We are looking for someone to:
- Identifies opportunities that provide sales leads and drive membership growth, through community engagement with our shared commitment values.
- Executes national program and benefits training to regional members and sales representatives.
- Supports regional initiatives in partnership with the Regional Directors strategic vision and plan.
- Promotes national marketing initiatives on a regional level through multiple channels including social media.
- Seeks out and develops relationships with community organizations, key influencers, and media outlets.
- Supports membership engagement events, events supporting representative governance, and other large and small scale regional events. Contributes to event proposals, budgets, and reporting.
- Prefer Bachelors Degree with emphasis in communications, marketing, public relations or related field or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated commitment to philanthropy and community betterment
- Excellent verbal, written and public speaking communications skills
- Ability to establish rapport and credibility quickly and effectively
- Adaptable attitude, a self-starter and creative
- Effective time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work an irregular job schedule, including nights and weekends, and overnight travel when required
- Ability to work independently and effectively meet goals.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLifes employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associates unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
WoodmenLife is an equal opportunity employer. (#LI-LBB1)
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at thisiswoodmenlife.com.