We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
Network Engineer/Sr. #hiring #jobs #Omaha
*Position will be filled at level commensurate with experience.
General Position Summary
The Network Engineer is responsible for technical and administrative support of WoodmenLife’s data, and voice networks. The position will require participation in cross functional teams to install, maintain, and support all technical solutions and projects in the enterprise.
WoodmenLife is looking to add a Network Engineer to our team!
We are currently searching for either a Network Engineer or a SR. Network Engineer Administrator with 5 to 7 years or more of hands on experience as a Network Engineer, to join our team! WoodmenLife is a solid financial company with 130 year history looking for a Network Engineer rock star to help us maintain and build on our industry leading edge in Customer Support and technical excellence. As a member of the WoodmenLife family, you’re joining others who share your commitment to family, community and country. Through WoodmenLife, you’ll have opportunities to connect with others, give back locally, and honor those who make an impact. As a not-for-profit life insurance company, we’ve been helping to protect the financial future of families, making a difference in hometowns across America since 1890. We are passionate about our members, servicing others, being open minded, providing an environment of inclusion and collaborative spirit. We also provide world class benefits to our associates. Is this the type of company you could work for?
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or 5-7 years equivalent experience required.
- Minimum Cisco CCNA certification required.
- Proficient hands-on experience and understanding of fundamental networking concepts such as: VLAN/PVLAN, STP, HSRP/VRRP, IP subnetting, Layer 2 switching and Layer 3 routing.
- Proficient hands-on experience and understanding of common application protocols such as Telnet, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS, SNMP, SMTP, FTP, NTP, and DNS.
- Knowledgeable with Networking Protocols/Services BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, GRE, SNMP, MPLS, QoS, Multicast, T1, DS3, etc.
- Knowledgeable with network monitoring and management tools such as SolarWinds, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, ISE and wireshark.
- Strong understanding and ability to manage an enterprise Cisco routing and switching environment.
- General knowledge with network security platforms such as Cisco firewalls, IPS/IDS, Pulse Secure VPNs, and F5 load balancers a plus.
- Familiarity with Cisco VoIP and Video Conferencing Technologies architectures and implementations a plus.
- Familiarity with call center and infrastructure applications including Calabrio, Nuance, Rightfax and Workforce Management a plus.
Why would you enjoy working as a Network Engineer on our team?
We are looking for a Network Engineer is someone that is well round in different area of the network. That could be router, switches, firewalls, VoIP, VPN, security, etc… We aren’t looking for someone that wants to be silo in one area. There will be a lot of variety in this position. We are looking for your thoughts, input, and ideals, on a wide variety of projects. We need a Network Engineer that is self-guided and directed! If working with a highly engaged and collaborative group to solve challenging problems, learn new skills, and discover new opportunities is this role, then this position just might be the right one for you. We are high performing, self-directed professionals that get the chance to learn, grow, and add value to our business on a daily basis. This position will be working with the latest technology as well. If you consider yourself to be a top performer with the desire to make a difference every day, this would be a great fit for you! Our team and organization is extremely close knit, it's really a family. Does this sound like your type of position?
If WoodmenLife is the type of company you are looking for and this position is one that you could see yourself doing long-term, please apply on-line to see if it's the right fit for you.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live. #LI-JS1
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities