We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
General Position Summary
The Operations Technician will monitor WoodmenLife’s enterprise application processes across various platforms, including Windows, Linux, and z/OS. Interacts daily with workload automation software to schedule, monitor and manage processes such as web services, database processes, file transfers, scripts and batch jobs.
WoodmenLife is looking to add an Operations Technician to our team!
We are currently searching for an Operations Technician with a thorough understanding of monitoring production processes and responding to issues according to established procedures, automating processes using Control-M (or similar tool), performing application deployments, and supporting business and development staff by sharing knowledge and resolving issues in a timely manner. Job includes some print and output distribution as well. WoodmenLife is one of the best places to work in Omaha and has been for many years. We are a stable company with over 130 years doing business in Omaha. As a member of the WoodmenLife family, you’re joining others who share your commitment to family, community and country. Through WoodmenLife, you’ll have opportunities to connect with others, give back locally, and honor those who make an impact. As a not-for-profit life insurance company, we’ve been helping to protect the financial future of families, making a difference in hometowns across America since 1890. We are passionate about our members, servicing others, being open minded, providing an environment of inclusion and collaborative spirit. We also provide world class benefits to our associates. Is this the type of company you could work for?
What we are looking for:
- High school diploma.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Solid problem-solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills.
- Experience in operating an enterprise processing solution preferably with mainframe, Windows and Linux platforms in an automated environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills, with the ability to interact with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work rotating shift schedules, including working overnight, and cover to absent employees on short notice.
- The ability to provide seamless, trustworthy, attentive and resourceful (S.T.A.R.) customer service.
- Engages well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- 18 months or more of Computer Operations experience using workload automation software, preferably Control-M, to monitor and control production processes.
- Experience using workload automation software to create and update scheduling for production systems.
Why would you enjoy working as an Operations Technician on our team?
We are looking for an Operations Technician to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person who loves to work in an environment where you get a variety of tasks to complete on a daily basis. No one day will be like the last. If you are looking to learn and advance your skills this position would be ideal! One of the keys to this position is really getting a chance to do some digging into issues, so if you enjoy troubleshooting complex issues then this position is right up your alley. If you are looking to grow your career into other areas of IT then this would be a great opportunity to do just that. We want you to be fulfilled in your career, so beyond the exciting work that you'll be doing, there's even more opportunity to feel complete. WoodmenLife gives you the opportunity to be your best self. From fighting hunger to raising money for local schools, we know there's more to life by helping others.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live. #LI-JS1
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities