We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
Actuarial System Product Specialist I, II or III*
*Will fill at level commensurate with experience.
General Position Summary
Contributes to the growth and financial soundness of the organization by assisting actuarial functions that support various WoodmenLife insurance products. Ensures the quality delivery and maintenance of actuarial business requirements on administrative and illustration systems.
WoodmenLife is looking for an Actuarial System Product Specialist to join our team!
We are currently searching for an Actuarial System Product Specialist. They will review and audit business requirements and values of product certificates, annual reports, illustrations, and/or other customer correspondence for quality control. WoodmenLife is one of the best places to work in Omaha and has been in business for 130 years. As a member of the WoodmenLife family, you’re joining others who share your commitment to family, community and country. Through WoodmenLife, you’ll have opportunities to connect with others, give back locally, and honor those who make an impact. As a not-for-profit life insurance company, we’ve been helping to protect the financial future of families, making a difference in hometowns across America since 1890. We are passionate about our members, servicing others, being open minded, providing an environment of inclusion and collaborative spirit. We also provide world class benefits to our associates. Is this the type of company you could work for?
We are looking for someone to:
- Participate in the implementation and maintenance of new and inforce insurance products on the administration and/or illustration systems, including:
- Researche, develop, document and communicate product and illustration business requirements,
- Develop tables of rates and values for loading into the system,
- Support implementation activities across business areas and with vendors,
- Create and run testing spreadsheets and tools to validate product and illustrated values, and
- Develop test plans and performs testing activities (functional, unit, and regression) for business requirements and values.
- Develop and run special one-off product calculations and illustrations, as needed.
- Support the determination of process improvements related to the implementation and testing of product and illustration requirements.
- Respond to home office and sales force requests related to product and illustrated values.
- Train others on administrative and/or illustration systems and solutions.
- Actively participate in cross functional and agile teams, as appropriate.
We need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a STEM major and at least 2-5 years related on-the-job experience.
- Experience with spreadsheet, database, and word processing software, such as Excel, Access, and Word.
- Experience with database concepts and the ability to programming in Python, R, VB, SQL, or comparable language.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and with business partners across, and outside, the organization.
- Requires flexible hours of work to meet deadlines and match business needs.
- The ability to provide seamless, trustworthy, attentive and resourceful (S.T.A.R.) customer service.
- Engages well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- Previous experience working in the insurance industry.
- Familiarity with or previous experience working with actuarial profession.
If WoodmenLife is the type of company you are looking for and this position is one that you could see yourself doing long-term, please apply on-line to see if it's the right fit for you.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live. #LI-LB1
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities