We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
Manager, Production Support
*This position will be required to work in the corporate office in Omaha, NE.
WoodmenLife is looking for our next Manager, Production Support to join our team!
We are currently searching for a Manager, Production Support to direct all operational activities and budgets associated with the internal and external printing of WoodmenLife certificate packages and member correspondence.
WoodmenLife is one of the best places to work in Omaha and has been in business for 130 years. As a member of the WoodmenLife family, you’re joining others who share your commitment to family, community and country. Through WoodmenLife, you’ll have opportunities to connect with others, give back locally, and honor those who make an impact. As a not-for-profit life insurance company, we’ve been helping to protect the financial future of families, making a difference in hometowns across America since 1890. We are passionate about our members, servicing others, being open minded, providing an environment of inclusion and collaborative spirit. We also provide world class benefits to our associates. Is this the type of company you could work for?
General Position Summary
This position is responsible for the management of Production Support which includes all mail operation activities and major company-wide production system support issues and recovery. The mail operation activities include the oversight of both internal and external 3rd party processing.
Directs all operational activities and budgets associated with the internal and external printing of Woodmenlife certificate packages and member correspondence, inventory management and warehousing, mail operations and the management of postal expenses. This includes overseeing the management and reconciliation of external 3rd party services including contract negotiations, file and postage monitoring/reconciliation and ensuring adherence to defined SLA’s/Quality standards.
This position is also responsible for overseeing major production issue resolution management through the Issue Recovery team. This team focuses on Issue Resolution for major computer/system problems. This cross divisional team works to resolve issues, correct member data, determine the root cause and resolution, and ensures preventative measures are put in place to alleviate future risk.
We are looking for someone to:
- Plan, staff, and lead mail operations activities for the WoodmenLife Home Office, including managing associate performance in accordance with established guidelines, coaching and motivating direct reports, and administering compensation.
- Create and manage three annual revenue/expense budgets (aprx 2 million annually) in order to achieve established goals.
- Direct and oversee inventory warehousing, distribution, and mail operations.
- Oversee the management and reconciliation of external 3rd party services including contract negotiations, file and postage monitoring/reconciliation and ensuring adherence to defined SLA’s/Quality Standards.
- Be responsible for major production issue resolution management through the Issue Recovery team. This team focuses on Issue Resolution for major computer/system problems placing WoodmenLife at significant financial risk. Historically, these problems have often been undiscovered for years and can have significant member impact and financial implications to the Society. This cross divisional team works to resolve issues, determine cause of exception, and ensure preventative measures are put in place to alleviate future risk.
- Be responsible for handling daily heat tickets for the Business and BT, which involve identifying the root cause, correcting the existing issue, and ensuring a long term fix, whether systematic or procedural.
- Analyze, plan and implement procedures and systems to drive productivity levels, establish efficiency, and maintain best practices.
- Manage daily support work orders/projects from conception to implementation, ensuring projects meet time and budgetary constraints.
- Collaborate pro-actively and successfully across departmental boundaries.
- Communicate with peers and upper-management on departmental operations.
- Manage and maintain vendor and supplier relationships to meet the needs of the company.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
We need someone who has:
- BS/BA degree in areas related to business or management preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 or more years of experience managing in a related field or environment preferred.
- Strong knowledge of both the print and mail industries is essential.
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices, to include strategic planning.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong analytical skills and an attention to detail.
- Previous experience analyzing and conducting process improvement related to business processes in an operational environment.
- Must be able to work well with deadlines and in a team environment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions and effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to lead, direct, and delegate to others.
- Knowledge of basic business mathematics and budgetary planning.
- The ability to provide seamless, trustworthy, attentive and resourceful (S.T.A.R.) customer service.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live. #LI-LB1
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities