We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
Security and Compliance Program Manager
General Position Summary
Security and Compliance Program Manager will support the Security department by leading and managing key security and compliance programs to include: ensuring all Information Resource Policies and Standards are reviewed at least annually and updated as required, lead the Third Party Services Provider Program monitoring the security profile of providers and escalating concerns as necessary, coordinate annual Incident Response exercises, scheduling and monitoring Penetration Tests and Security Assessments to include working with the EPMO to address findings and schedule mitigation activities, lead the Security Awareness Program to include ensuring required Security Training is posted and tracked, manage the Security compliance calendar ensuring all required compliance activities are assigned and addressed by Security. Provide general assistance in the implementation and maintenance of the overall WoodmenLife security program.
WoodmenLife is looking to add a Security and Compliance Program Manager to our team!
We are currently searching for a Security and Compliance Program Manager with experience in leading and managing Security and Compliance activities to include oversight of Information Resource Policies and Standards, management of our Security Awareness Program, lead our Third Party Service Provider Program and manage compliance related activities to join our team! This is an individual contributor position call for a person who is self-directed. WoodmenLife is one of the best places to work in Omaha and has been in business for 130 years. As a member of the WoodmenLife family, you’re joining others who share your commitment to family, community and country. Through WoodmenLife, you’ll have opportunities to connect with others, give back locally, and honor those who make an impact. As a not-for-profit life insurance company, we’ve been helping to protect the financial future of families, making a difference in hometowns across America since 1890. We are passionate about our members, servicing others, being open minded, providing an environment of inclusion and collaborative spirit. We also provide world class benefits to our associates. Is this the type of company you could work for?
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cybersecurity, MIS or related field and 3 years of experience in a similar field strongly preferred.
- Passion for cybersecurity.
- Highly organized, curious and self-directed.
- Previous experience writing Information Resource Policies, Standards and Procedures strongly preferred.
- Previous Security Awareness Program experience is preferred
- Third Party Service Provider Program awareness is a plus.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Numerical aptitude and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to find creative solutions for business opportunities
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects to effectively meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to details.
- Strong writing skills are a must
- The ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written to all levels within the organization.
- Ability to build effective relationships both within the organization and externally
- Good organizational skills. Ability to multi-task in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral.
- The ability to provide seamless, trustworthy, attentive and resourceful (S.T.A.R.) customer service.
- Engages well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
Why would you enjoy working as a Security and Compliance Program Manager on our team?
We are looking for a Security and Compliance Program Manager who can provide leadership supporting critical Security and Compliance programs. As a Security and Compliance Program Manager you will have the chance to grow your career and skills in the Security Field. The ideal fit for this position will be someone who enjoys working with a great team, has excellent written communication skills, is persistent, hard work but also likes to have a little fun. This team is as tight-knit as they come. If you have ever wanted to create an impact for an organization, with an opportunity to work in a challenging environment then this position might be just what you are looking for! This is a key position for our organization. If you consider yourself to be a top performer with the desire to make a difference every day, this would be a great fit for you!
If WoodmenLife is the type of company you are looking for and this position is one that you could see yourself doing long-term, please apply on-line to see if it's the right fit for you.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live. #LI-JS1
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities