We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
WoodmenLife is looking for a licenced physician to join our operations team as a Medical Director. This is a long term contract role, working 35 hours per week.
Licensed physician (MD/DO). Possesses a broad knowledge of clinical medicine, as well as knowledge of biostatistics or epidemiology. Exhibits a professional balance of motivation, curiosity, insight, customer service, and strong communication skills. Plays a key role in the development and maintenance of the company’s proprietary medical underwriting guidelines and approaches.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs comprehensive underwriting and medical record file reviews
- Summarizes and consults on claim review findings in a comprehensive, written report
- Ensures the confidentiality of personal health information by following legal and departmental requirements
- Provides consultative support with WoodmenLife Group Benefits division.
- Apply medical knowledge and analytical skills to determine accurate mortality and morbidity risk associated with complex medical impairments.
- Partner with claims & clinical professionals to conduct claim discussions on complex short- and long-term disability claims
- Provide subject matter expertise to all areas, as needed
- Development of medical underwriting guidelines
- Follows changes across all medical disciplines and uses knowledge to assist with updates or the development of new underwriting guidelines as a result of new medical data.
- Doctor of Medicine degree (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree (D.O.) or equivalent required
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state of Nebraska, or willingness to acquire as required by Nebraska law.
- Experience consulting on cases with complex medical histories
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- For physicians new to the life insurance industry, 3+ years of clinical practice in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, or related subspecialty
- For candidates from within the life insurance industry, 3+ years of industry experience required;
- Extensive knowledge of Insurance Medicine and Life Insurance, Clinical Medicine and Human Pathology
- Credentials in insurance medicine, Diplomate of the Board of Insurance Medicine (DBIM)
- Previous industry experience in insurance or financial services
- FLMI, FLHC/ALHC, FALU/AALU and/or CLU
As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at thisiswoodmenlife.com.