We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
Solution Architect II
General Position Summary
The Solutions Architect II focuses on the effort to convert requirements into architectures and designs that will become the blueprints for solutions being created. Delivers solutions architecture services on select, assigned projects and initiatives. Ensures the solutions being developed support the enterprise architecture direction across multiple strategic enterprise projects and comply with documented security standards.
WoodmenLife is looking to add a Solution Architect II to our team!
We are currently searching for a Solution Architect II with at least 5 years of hands on LEADERSHIP experience with software or application engineering, to join our team! WoodmenLife is one of the best places to work in Omaha and has been in business for 130 years. As a member of the WoodmenLife family, you’re joining others who share your commitment to family, community and country. Through WoodmenLife, you’ll have opportunities to connect with others, give back locally, and honor those who make an impact. As a not-for-profit life insurance company, we’ve been helping to protect the financial future of families, making a difference in hometowns across America since 1890. We are passionate about our members, servicing others, being open minded, providing an environment of inclusion and collaborative spirit. We also provide world class benefits to our associates. Is this the type of company you could work for?
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or at least eight years’ experience in a multiple vendor information systems applications environment.
- Five or more years’ experience in a technical (hands-on) software or applications engineering leadership role; ability to lead, motivate, and develop a team of professionals capable of achieving aggressive business goals and objectives.
- Experience serving and leading independent contract engineers
- Solid understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), UML, ESB, J2EE, design patterns, messaging, Spring framework, data replication and synchronization, integration strategies and techniques, and Microsoft .NET Framework and design patterns.
- Experience and knowledge of modeling practices and tools such as mind-mapping, UML and others.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and gain acceptance for your ideas
- Experience working with EPMO to establish realistic delivery estimates
- Detailed knowledge of current technologies and developments in the software & systems engineering industry
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to grasp new concepts quickly and have the desire to learn new skills
- Proven communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to embrace change in a positive and enthusiastic manner
- Ability to define problems, establishes facts, draw valid conclusions and be able to manage multiple project deadlines.
- High level of IT Security awareness. Aware of current Security threats effecting software and system. Focused on threat mitigation in system designs.
- Ability to engage well with others and be passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience
- Ability to provide seamless, trustworthy, attentive and resourceful (S.T.A.R.) customer service.
- Knowledge of the insurance/financial services industry
- Java or Microsoft .NET Certified
- Broad multi-platform, multi-technology development experience
- Prior job experience as an application, solution architect or cloud architect.
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies.
Why would you enjoy working as a Solution Architect II on our team?
We are looking for a Solution Architect II to join a seasoned team of high-end architects that can hit the ground running. Your experience, your thoughts, your input, and your ideals, will help us grow our architecture team. We will also be growing our cloud based platforms in the near future as well. So if you ever wanted to gain more experience with cloud based applications, now would be a good time! If you have ever wanted to create an impact for an organization, with an opportunity to work in a challenging environment then this position might be just what you are looking for! This is a key position for our organization. This position is ideal for someone who is a high performing self-directed professional that wants a chance to learn, grow, and add value to our business on a daily basis. If you consider yourself to be a top performer with the desire to make a difference every day, this would be a great fit for you!
If WoodmenLife is the type of company you are looking for and this position is one that you could see yourself doing long-term, please apply on-line to see if it's the right fit for you.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live. #LI-JS1
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities