We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
Software Development Programmer Analyst
Great Culture, Great People, Great Company
If you’re looking for a company that’s big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet small enough to make a personal impact – WoodmenLife may be the place for you.
We’ve been a fixture in downtown Omaha over 125 years, and we promote a family-first environment with flexible work schedules, a team-oriented atmosphere, and a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, knowledge and community involvement.
As a not-for-profit, WoodmenLife is a different kind of insurance company. We give back revenues to our members, not investors. We’ve been around for more than a century because we’ve always kept our promises. Through recessions and wars, we’ve remained stable and reliable.
If you want to be part of an organization where you’re not just an employee – you’re a valued member of the family – WoodmenLife is the place for you!
General Position Summary
Ensures the quality delivery of business value through the development, integration, configuration and deployment of technology solutions.
Are you a .NET Developer (Software Development Programmer Analyst) looking to work for a Great company in Omaha?
We are currently searching for a .NET Developer with 5 years of experience, using C#, with strong T-SQL skills, and some Java development experience. This role will be working on our agile development team that supports our customer correspondence platforms.
WE ARE WOODMENLIFE!
We are one of the best places to work in Omaha and have been in business for 130 years. As a member of the WoodmenLife family, you’re joining others who share your commitment to family, community and country. Through WoodmenLife, you’ll have opportunities to connect with others, give back locally, and honor those who make an impact. As a not-for-profit life insurance company, we’ve been helping to protect the financial future of families, making a difference in hometowns across America since 1890. We are passionate about our members, serving others, being open minded, providing an environment of inclusion and collaborative spirit. We also provide world class benefits to our teammates. Is this the type of company you could work for?
What we are looking for in our Software Development Programmer Analyst (.NET)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience building and maintaining solutions using Microsoft Visual Studio is required.
- Able to demonstrate a good level of proficiency in Microsoft C#.
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server (or similar RDBMS), understanding the basics of Database operations including writing stored procedures, tuning, and profiling required.
- Good understanding of ASP.NET MVC, HTML, XML, JSON, REST, ASP.NET WebAPI, and Bootstrap.
- Strong experience with T-SQL skills with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience programming in basic Java as well.
- Source control knowledge required, understanding concepts such as check-ins/outs, branching, shelving code and versioning.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Agile methodologies.
- Ability to iteratively and incrementally improve both products and processes.
- Good interpersonal, written communication, oral communication and listening skills.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload to meet project goals within deadlines.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to engage well with others and be passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience
- Ability to provide seamless, trustworthy, attentive and resourceful (S.T.A.R.) customer service.
- Must be a team player.
- Experience with General web development
- Basic understanding of database operations including tuning and profiling
Why would you enjoy working as a .NET Developer on our team?
As a .NET Developer, you have a lot of choices where you could work, right? It is an exciting time to be on this team. We are building a lot of new systems from the ground up, so you will have the chance to be a key member of this team. You will have the chance to really grow some new skills well. You will get to work with some of the best people around. We are a stable company that will be here for years to come. One thing that also draws candidates to us is the fact that we are creating an impact for the communities we service.
Where we are heading with our current development projects.
This role will provide critical support to our existing legacy platforms while supporting our new, web-service based platforms. This role can also help pave the way for moving key platforms to Azure in coordination with our Architecture group and our active .NET Community of Practice.
If WoodmenLife is the type of company, the position is the one that you could see yourself doing long term, then please apply on-line and see if it's the right fit for you.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities