We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
Sr. Enterprise Agile Leader
General Position Summary
As an Enterprise Agile Leader you will lead the Agile Practice at WoodmenLife, as well as lead all agile coaching, while leveraging the SAFe framework. This role provides expertise in organizational change and must demonstrate experiences as a hands-on organizational change agent working across multiple teams and organizational boundaries using professional coaching frameworks and practices. This role will help drive significant organizational impact by developing strategies that transform our product delivery processes within the technology organization as well as enterprise wide.
New and existing Agile teams will be enabled to deliver increased business impact by building and reinforcing sustainable Agile behaviors and ways of working. This will be achieved through coaching, constructive challenge, and by sharing of experience with Agile leaders and teams. You will be accountable for ensuring Agile values, ways of working and frameworks are understood and applied effectively across the organizations and teams. You will coach in an inclusive way which encourages creativity and the application of problem-solving techniques to Agile and non-Agile topics.
WoodmenLife is looking to add a Senior Enterprise Agile Leader to our team!
We are currently searching for a Senior Enterprise Agile Leader with 7 years of hands on experience as an Agile Coach, to join our team! WoodmenLife is one of the best places to work in Omaha and has been in business for 130 years. As a member of the WoodmenLife family, you’re joining others who share your commitment to family, community and country. Through WoodmenLife, you’ll have opportunities to connect with others, give back locally, and honor those who make an impact. As a not-for-profit life insurance company, we’ve been helping to protect the financial future of families, making a difference in hometowns across America since 1890. We are passionate about our members, servicing others, being open minded, providing an environment of inclusion and collaborative spirit. We also provide world class benefits to our associates. Is this the type of company you could work for?
What we are looking for:
This job requires a background that demonstrates the following minimum knowledge, skills, talents and traits:
- SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) certification required.
- Advanced knowledge of SAFe and Agile software development lifecycle.
- Experience with processes and tools supporting SAFe and Agile methodologies (ADO, VSTS, Jira).
- 7+ years’ experience as an Agile Coach required, with RTE experience.
- 4+ Years of SAFe Agile Transformation experience with RTE experience.
- 7+ years’ experience successfully running agile projects of varying size and complexity with demonstrated experience leading an organization thru a transition to Agile and SAFe required.
- Experience coaching and mentoring organization(s) and team(s) to their highest potential.
- Advanced facilitation experience. Ability to build consensus on a decision; comfortable with not necessarily making the decision.
- Experience in managing a team of professionals.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail. Self-motivated/self-directed ability to identify and prioritize issues, then mobilize efforts to quickly resolve the issues.
- Ability to demonstrate discretion, objectivity, integrity and confidentiality in all interactions.
- Ability to successfully act as a Servant Leader.
Why would you enjoy working as a Senior Enterprise Agile Leader for our team?
There is so much to this position that is exciting! We are looking for a Senior Enterprise Agile Leader that will assist us as we continue to mature our Agile/SAFe practice. This is a key role for us as we continue to grow our Agile/SAFe platforms. This is a newly created position for WoodmenLife! This is that once in a career type of position, because it’s a newly created position you will be able to hand carve what this position will look like in the future. You will get the chance to work with some AWESOME people who really care about doing the right things, that are open to change, and can see the future. This position will create an impact for our organization no doubt! It’s one of our top strategic initiatives! This position is ideal for someone who is a high performing self-directed professional that wants a chance to learn, grow, and add value to our business on a daily basis. If you consider yourself to be a top performer with the desire to make a difference every day, this would be a great fit for you! We are looking for your experience, your talent, your input, and your ideas on how to build an Agile practice. Will you be the one to help us do this?
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities