We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
Administrative Assistant-Kinston, NC
Great Culture, Great People, Great Company
If you’re looking for a company that’s big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet small enough to make a personal impact – WoodmenLife may be the place for you.
We’ve been a fixture in downtown Omaha over 125 years, and we promote a family-first environment with flexible work schedules, a team-oriented atmosphere, and a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, knowledge and community involvement.
As a not-for-profit, WoodmenLife is a different kind of insurance company. We give back revenues to our members, not investors. We’ve been around for more than a century because we’ve always kept our promises. Through recessions and wars, we’ve remained stable and reliable.
If you want to be part of an organization where you’re not just an employee – you’re a valued member of the family – WoodmenLife is the place for you!
Performs administrative duties with limited supervision. May assist other staff members or may act as sole assistant in the Regional Office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Opens and distributes mail. Routes or answers routine and sometimes non-routine correspondence as directed by Regional Director.
- Acts as a receptionist by receiving and referring visitors and telephone calls from Sales associates, members, Home Office staff or others.
- Responds to routine requests for information and refers complex requests to appropriate staff member.
- Drafts and types routine letters and memos from general instructions following standardized formats.
- Communicates Regional Director’s instructions or desires to various individuals and/or Home Office departments/sections and furnishes and obtains information from other contacts, either inside or outside the Organization or Regional Office.
- Schedules appointments and makes arrangements for regional or area meetings, regional conferences and travel.
- Prepares correspondence of a general and/or confidential nature for review by Regional Director, which may occasionally require technical knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Prepares reports and presentations using office technology and software for word processing, graphics and spreadsheets.
- Answers routine and some non-routine and technical inquiries, as directed by Regional Director, on insurance rates, quotes, etc. if applicable state laws allow.
- Compiles recruiting sales manager monitor books and monitors ratifications on issued business.
- Monitors pending business and makes necessary calls to sales force or home office.
- May provide basic orientation regarding Regional Office procedures, the Organization’s policies and procedures to other associates.
- May assist with various chapter activities.
- May prepare newsletters and/or bulletins.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality in accordance with the expectations established by your supervisor and WoodmenLife policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to work overtime as assigned by management.
- High school diploma and/or equivalent work experience.
- Prefer 2 years of experience with the Organization.
- Ability to maintain confidential information when required.
- Strong typing skills-35+ wpm with emphasis on accuracy.
- Ability to effectively obtain and convey information by telephone, e-mail and/or use of voice mail and email.
- Strong PC skills, especially with Word, Excel and Access and the manipulate multiple windows.
- Ability to multi-task, to be a self-starter and to work with limited supervision.
- Strong organizational skills, problem-solving and attention to detail is required.
- Ability to deliver quality service and to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment and willing share knowledge with other associates.
- The ability to provide seamless, trustworthy, attentive and resourceful (S.T.A.R.) customer service.
- Engages well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities