We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
Sr. Administrative Assistant
Great Culture, Great People, Great Company
If you’re looking for a company that’s big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet small enough to make a personal impact – WoodmenLife may be the place for you.
We’ve been a fixture in downtown Omaha over 125 years, and we promote a family-first environment with flexible work schedules, a team-oriented atmosphere, and a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, knowledge and community involvement.
As a not-for-profit, WoodmenLife is a different kind of insurance company. We give back revenues to our members, not investors. We’ve been around for more than a century because we’ve always kept our promises. Through recessions and wars, we’ve remained stable and reliable.
If you want to be part of an organization where you’re not just an employee – you’re a valued member of the family – WoodmenLife is the place for you!
*Remote work-The safety of our associates is WoodmenLife’s top priority. At this time, a majority of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a dedicated work area with the appropriate wired internet. As WoodmenLife determines it is safe for associates to return to the home office, candidate may be required to work in the home office in Omaha, NE.
Responsible for a variety of administrative functions within core operations. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Prepares routine and advanced correspondence including letters, memoranda, and reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as appointments, meetings, conferences and department activities
- Coordinates travel itinerary and accommodations
- Act as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies,
- Prepare and distribute correspondence and other documents as requested, such as departmental correspondence, letters, reports, memos, contracts, special reports, and minutes of scheduled meetings
- Creates and manipulates MS Word and MS Excel documents utilizing consistent format styles and templates
- Answers and screens phone calls and mail
- Manages supplies and equipment, troubleshooting equipment issues for resolution.
- Completes various tasks as assigned and provides primary support to the Customer Service team.
- Requires a high school diploma with 5-7 years of experience providing administrative support.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint and Lotus Notes preferred. Ability to complete Excel formulas and link spreadsheets required.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities sufficient to handle most complex administrative functions with the ability to exercise independent judgment in interpreting instructions and determining appropriate course of action in general office situations.
- Ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines and multiple priorities and to receive a minimum of detailed supervision and guidance.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work within a production team that supports a group of leaders while maintaining a positive attitude and customer service focus.
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent customer service skills, demonstrating a passion for helping customers, friendliness, constructive feedback, patience, effective listening and ability to build effective relationships
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities