We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
Great Culture, Great People, Great Company
If you’re looking for a company that’s big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet small enough to make a personal impact – WoodmenLife may be the place for you.
We’ve been a fixture in downtown Omaha over 125 years, and we promote a family-first environment with flexible work schedules, a team-oriented atmosphere, and a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, knowledge and community involvement.
As a not-for-profit, WoodmenLife is a different kind of insurance company. We give back revenues to our members, not investors. We’ve been around for more than a century because we’ve always kept our promises. Through recessions and wars, we’ve remained stable and reliable.
If you want to be part of an organization where you’re not just an employee – you’re a valued member of the family – WoodmenLife is the place for you!
Oversees the Sales Division compliance and disciplinary program and takes appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness. Administers field discipline in conjunction with Sales Managers, the Legal Department, WoodmenLife Policy, National, State and Local laws. Acts as a medium through which compliance issues are researched/investigated and reported to respective authorities for solutions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Investigates possible sales fraud or improper conduct cases and administers appropriate corrective action if there is a violation of procedures, policies, rules or regulations. Keeps Sales Managers apprised of all pertinent customer inquiries/concerns/complaints and recommends corrective action when outside norms. Provides input and researches cases sent to the Fraud Committee.
- Receives and analyzes sales compliance inquiries/complaints/misrepresentations and refers to appropriate home office areas when necessary. Communicates in writing and verbally with Sales and home office associates of all management levels to answer questions and resolve problems and complaints.
- Sends field conduct notices and disciplinary documents as needed to Field Representatives and their managers. Ensures that documents are received and follows up with management as appropriate. Prepares performance development statements due to breaches of conduct and administers fines against representatives as needed. Works with Field Managers and the Legal Department on any non-routine items. Inputs and maintains all Field Discipline data files and documents, composes reports, presentations and materials as needed.
- Sends Replacement Notices pursuant to NAIC guidelines. Ensures proper documentation is received in a timely manner. Follows-up on problem cases within established guidelines.
- Monitors unreported replacement cases. Analyzes replacement forms and unreported replacement transactions. Monitors incorrect certification and cross-border sales reports. Follows-up with managers and Field Representatives. Prepares performance development statements for unreported cases as needed.
- Ensures that all state required training for anti-money laundering (AML), annuities, privacy training refresher courses, and substance abuse training is completed by applicable Field Representatives and management. Cancels contracts of any that are out of compliance.
- Creates and updates field workbooks and policies and sends to Field Operations, Field Education, Core Operations, Human Resources and/or Field Management for approval. Ensures that the policy section of myWoodmenLife.org is current. Creates Executive Committee approvals based on division needs.
- Prepares the compliance and compliance activity reports.
- Serves as a liaison between the Field and Core Operations on projects involving changes to policy, procedures and compliance related issues. Audits current and proposed policies and procedures. Assists with implementation and communicates applicable changes to the Field.
- Monitors and Interprets data reported by Members on the LIMRA CAP survey. Consults with State and Area Managers on items of concern.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality in accordance with the expectations established by your supervisor and WoodmenLife policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Two-three years of experience working in a compliance-related position.
- General understanding of insurance, insurance law, and Company products.
- Ability to manage a high level of sensitive and confidential information.
- Must have the ability and comfort to work closely with upper-level managers and executive officers in regards to sensitive situations.
- Must possess strong analytical, inquisitive and investigative skills as well as strong decision making skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to collaborate with many departments to ensure that processes are adhered to and within Legal Guidelines.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and produce manuals. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound judgment and a strong sense of urgency to meet aggressive goals and time service standards.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work towards the critical problems that achieve business results.
- The ability to provide seamless, trustworthy, attentive and resourceful (S.T.A.R.) customer service.
- Engages well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- Strong business acumen; thorough understanding of the functions of various Divisions within the organization.
- Ability to maintain effective performance under conditions such as pressure of tight deadlines.
- Ability to use appropriate software, systems and end-user computing tools to perform functions.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at thisiswoodmenlife.com.