We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
Sr. Performance Development Consultant
Great Culture, Great People, Great Company
If you’re looking for a company that’s big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet small enough to make a personal impact – WoodmenLife may be the place for you.
We’ve been a fixture in downtown Omaha over 125 years, and we promote a family-first environment with flexible work schedules, a team-oriented atmosphere, and a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, knowledge and community involvement.
As a not-for-profit, WoodmenLife is a different kind of insurance company. We give back revenues to our members, not investors. We’ve been around for more than a century because we’ve always kept our promises. Through recessions and wars, we’ve remained stable and reliable.
If you want to be part of an organization where you’re not just an employee – you’re a valued member of the family – WoodmenLife is the place for you!
Works with leadership to deliver effective training methodologies. Oversees all required training delivered through the learning management system and designs, develops and implements curriculum to be delivered all associates in multiple formats. Designs, develops and delivers organizational learning program curriculum for workforce development in a variety of mediums. Responsible for individual development planning and career-pathing, tracking and measuring impact of workforce development interventions and solutions. Regularly collaborates with business leaders, and HR professionals. Interacts with outside instructional designers, vendors, and experts to diagnose performance issues and development needs, identify appropriate learning solutions, and establish holistic development frameworks to drive associate engagement/performance and achievement of organizational goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Contributes to the development of associate and leadership training and development strategies by working with leadership.
- Oversees and administers all required training for all associates delivered through a learning management system. This includes, but is not limited to, working with compliance, legal, sales, and state regulations to ensure all current and created training is of the upmost integrity and relevance.
- Partners with home office staff to implement delivered or requested trainings through the learning management system.
- Designs and delivers training keeping in mind the Organization’s business objectives; budget and resources availability, adult learning objectives, performance goals, potential delivery methods, and deadlines.
- Assesses, designs and delivers training and development programs based on organizational needs, such as team development interventions, growth mindset, problem solving, critical thinking, communication and collaboration, etc.
- Develops strategies and plans for execution which address long and short-term organizational training and development.
- Assesses emerging learning management system technologies and adapting to compliment or expand our current curriculum delivery strategies.
- Develops, implements and maintains a learning management system to enable the department to track and report compliance related training.
- Supports the growth of the Sales force by providing direct support to the Sales associates through one on one consultation.
- Assists in identifying curriculum needs, and establishing and coordinating schedules for our distant learning programs.
- Implement and maintain a measurement/evaluation process to ensure that department training programs deliver business results and return on investment.
- Partners with key members of management to drive the adoption and utilization of the talent review process.
- Delivers effective and engaging stand up training for the organization.
- Ensures compliance related training is delivered and continually monitored and revised for accuracy and effectiveness.
- Fosters an environment that encourages rewards continuous individual learning and development.
- Works with Human Resources and management to identify competency and knowledge gaps within the organization and develop specific programs for filling gaps through training and associate development.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality in accordance with the expectations established by your supervisor and Woodmen policy.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Minimum of five years training/teaching experience
- Ability to obtain a strong understanding of curriculum needs for course development and able to teach others how to develop curriculum
- Demonstrated experience applying adult learning theory and principles and performance improvement techniques and solutions
- Strong technical and online curriculum development skills
- Ability to develop and assess associate performance levels and outline training plans to derive improved performance
- Ability to understand and then clearly convey complex ideas and procedures to diverse audiences and individuals
- Strong analytical, project management and problem solving skills including the ability to take initiative to proactively uncover and resolve issues
- Demonstrates ability to translate and break down work processes into understandable instructions
- Self-starter who can multi-task and work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates strong presentation, facilitation and coaching skills
- Demonstrates ability to provide specific developmental feedback to trainees and members of management to ensure progress is made against training objectives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Ability to analyze and adapt training methods for individual learning
- The ability to provide seamless, trustworthy, attentive and resourceful (S.T.A.R.) customer service.
- Engages well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- Previous industry experience in insurance or financial services
- Previous experience working in an operational environment
- Certificate in related field strongly preferred (e.g. Adult Education and Training, Organizational Development, Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP))
- Experience being a change agent for business strategies
- Possesses knowledge of WoodmenLife products, policies and procedures for Core Operations or knows who to contact to get results
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities