We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
Sr. Commissions Specialist
Great Culture, Great People, Great Company
If you’re looking for a company that’s big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet small enough to make a personal impact – WoodmenLife may be the place for you.
We’ve been a fixture in downtown Omaha over 125 years, and we promote a family-first environment with flexible work schedules, a team-oriented atmosphere, and a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, knowledge and community involvement.
As a not-for-profit, WoodmenLife is a different kind of insurance company. We give back revenues to our members, not investors. We’ve been around for more than a century because we’ve always kept our promises. Through recessions and wars, we’ve remained stable and reliable.
If you want to be part of an organization where you’re not just an employee – you’re a valued member of the family – WoodmenLife is the place for you!
Analyzes, researches and prepares information relating to all commission payments, commission loan plans, various sales bonuses, AFYC, NAFYC, persistency, and numerous other Sales contract and compensation processes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receives and analyzes requests received from Regional Directors, Recruiting Sales Managers, Sales Representatives, National Sales Managers and numerous home office associates relating to the Organization’s commission system and processes necessary corrections as needed.
- Recalculates and adjusts commission accounts as directed. Adjusts the commission percentages in the certificate master. Reassigns or recodes the geographical assignment of certificates based on marketing area boundaries. The reassignments are processed as a result of promotions, demotions or cancelation of WoodmenLife Sales Representatives.
- Performs quality control audits to confirm that the commission system is performing all commission compensation transactions accurately. The incumbent is responsible for the release of commissions to the sales force. The incumbent addresses any commission system discrepancies with programming for resolution. Performs accounting transactions to maintain consistency between the commission system and the salesman master record so that the Organization balance sheet is correct. This includes both production and commission adjustments.
- Provides excellent customer service to include handling complaint/error situations that result in customer satisfaction. Meet expectations with accurate, complete, and timely service. Foster effective business relationships. Receive incoming inquiries, analyze and refer to appropriate areas when necessary. Explain contractual provisions, federal laws, state regulations and WoodmenLife guidelines.
- Supports the team environment by assisting with the implementation of compensation/bonus/persistency programs and other assigned project activities associated with the commissions specialist position
- Recalculates commissions and various bonuses for the sales force when special circumstances occur. Initiates vouchers to draw special checks or necessary transactions to initiate electronic funds transfer. Adjust commission accounts as requested by Sales Manager.
- Compiles the appropriate data and applies it to the calculation of vested or non-vested commission accounts. Performs manual adjustments to the appropriate tax accounts, sales master records and certificate master records. Compiles financial and legal information for the payment of vested commission amounts to the estate of a deceased sales representative.
- Builds new contracts and all contract changes, cancels, promotions and demotions in the compensation system.
- Employment Verifications and Generates Earnings reports for Benefits.
- Test new commission processes and programming as needed.
- Perform annual financial calculation on utilizing previous year salaries to establish new salaries based on contractual requirements.
- Performs Lawson taxes and adjustments.
- Communicates and supports new compensation changes along with development of procedures to implement said changes.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality in accordance with the expectations established by your supervisor and WoodmenLife policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to work overtime as assigned by management.
- Ability to work with little supervision or work independently. The ability to work with confidential information in a professional manner.
- The ability analyze and recognize inconsistencies or irregularities in data collected for commission and/or bonus calculations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of compensation packages and corresponding schedules as well as bonus incentives as they relate to commissions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Core Operations Processes and systems. Must understand how they affect commissions.
- The incumbent must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Thorough understanding of the function of each Division within the Organization.
- General understanding of insurance and Organization products.
- Thorough knowledge of the Legacy, Ingenium and AWD.
- Knowledge of the Internet and Microsoft Office a plus.
- High School Diploma or minimum of one year post-secondary education preferred, (emphasis in accounting classes).
- Minimum of two years of experience working in an office environment.
- Minimum of two years working in the accounting/bookkeeping field preferred.
- The ability to provide seamless, trustworthy, attentive and resourceful (S.T.A.R.) customer service.
- Engages well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- Thorough knowledge of EIM/FASAT, Lawson and Impromptu as they pertain to information needed for commissions and bonus calculations.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities