We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
Business Specialist II or III
Great Culture, Great People, Great Company
If you’re looking for a company that’s big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet small enough to make a personal impact – WoodmenLife may be the place for you.
We’ve been a fixture in downtown Omaha over 125 years, and we promote a family-first environment with flexible work schedules, a team-oriented atmosphere, and a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, knowledge and community involvement.
As a not-for-profit, WoodmenLife is a different kind of insurance company. We give back revenues to our members, not investors. We’ve been around for more than a century because we’ve always kept our promises. Through recessions and wars, we’ve remained stable and reliable.
If you want to be part of an organization where you’re not just an employee – you’re a valued member of the family – WoodmenLife is the place for you!
*Position will be filled at level commensurate with experience.
Ensures the quality delivery of business requests and/or project solutions planning by leading, coordinating, communicating, clarifying, overseeing, and/or participating in divisional and corporate wide key initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Builds and is accountable for test cases and testing plans utilizing a traceability matrix.
- Coordinates and oversees User Acceptance Testing.
- Reviews and analyzes workflow continuously to provide efficient service and meet service level goals.
- Identifies client organization's strengths and opportunities for improvement and makes recommendations for changes that enhance the process and improve customer service.
- Identifies and measures cost savings initiatives, ensuring justification by utilizing all available data points
- Elicits requirements using interviews, documents analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, business analysis and task and workflow analysis. Documents requirements, clearly, concisely, and completely via user stories/use cases, requirements, and current state process flows, utilizing enterprise wide methodology. Articulates business needs and business problems to technical audience and articulates development challenges and risks in business terms with an eye toward business impacts
- Negotiates scope, priority, commitments and schedule related to business related requests. Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner. Drives and challenges business units in their assumptions on how they will successfully execute their plans
- Participates in change management within projects by ensuring that changes to business requirements are effectively managed.
- Assists in enforcing project deadlines and schedules. Drives toward on-time, quality deliverables while actively managing stakeholder expectations
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality in accordance with the expectations established by your supervisor and WoodmenLife policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with one year related work experience preferred
- Understands requirements management and best practices and ensures they are followed.
- Ability to identify, justify, and support a financial business case.
- Analytical, problem-solving and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Ability to take initiative to proactively uncover and resolve solutions; strong decision-making and organizational skills, and a high level of concentration and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, including the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, mid-level management and subject matter experts
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio; Ability to work with appropriate technical tools to effectively fulfill responsibilities
- Proficient presentation, facilitation and negotiations skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment with business customers. Must be able to quickly establish credibility while working in new subject areas and with various areas of business
- Ability to meet deadlines for multiple concurrent tasks or projects; ability to effectively cope with change and shift gears comfortably
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, sensitivity and professionalism
- Motivated, accountable and results-oriented self-starter
- Ability to engage well with others and be passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience
- Ability to provide seamless, trustworthy, attentive and resourceful (S.T.A.R.) customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with three or more years of related work experience required
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio; ability to work with appropriate technical tools and understand methods to effectively fulfill responsibilities such as SQL, DB2 tables, GUI, version management, XML
- Experience working in the insurance industry
- Experience being a change agent for business strategies
- Three or more years of Business Analyst experience
- Possesses knowledge of WoodmenLife products, policies, procedures for Core Operations or Sales
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities