We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
Project Specialist II-Impact
Great Culture, Great People, Great Company
If you’re looking for a company that’s big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet small enough to make a personal impact – WoodmenLife may be the place for you.
We’ve been a fixture in downtown Omaha over 125 years, and we promote a family-first environment with flexible work schedules, a team-oriented atmosphere, and a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, knowledge and community involvement.
As a not-for-profit, WoodmenLife is a different kind of insurance company. We give back revenues to our members, not investors. We’ve been around for more than a century because we’ve always kept our promises. Through recessions and wars, we’ve remained stable and reliable.
If you want to be part of an organization where you’re not just an employee – you’re a valued member of the family – WoodmenLife is the place for you!
Serves as the primary point of contact for the client, and helps ensure the successful completion of each project on WoodmenLife Impact and Giving Together. Ensures all appropriate documentation is received, assists the applicants with content (such as narrative of their need or shipping of a project kit), vets the need, and ensures funds are paid appropriately. Works closely with the vendor to ensure the website is functioning properly.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Guides clients through full application process from writing and publishing campaigns, choosing a quality photo, editing photo, and follow-up during and after campaign is live.
- Manages queue of pending, published and closed Impact and Giving Together projects.
- Develops and administers back end flow and processes for optimizing campaign/project production.
- Website development and maintenance and technical expertise in associated programs.
- Tracks regional and chapter donation and participation through monthly reporting.
- Initiates transfer of funds from merchant processor to bank account, monthly.
- Act as primary point of contact with merchant processor, auditors, WoodmenLife Accounting, and outside vendors.
- Assists with providing quality public facing materials and simplified marketing materials in support of Impact and Giving Together
- Serve as a back-up as needed to the Member Benefits Analyst and other associates in the division.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality in accordance with the expectations established by your supervisor and WoodmenLife policy
- Abides by all company security policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Project management skills desired.
- Problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to manage multiple project assignments, deadlines and changing priorities in a team environment.
- Ensuring website functionality is maximized and ability to detect and solve associated issues.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal intervention from the manager.
- Ability to exhibit negotiation, facilitation, and implementation of change skills.
- Knowledge of the insurance/financial services industry is strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the work period as applicable for effective implementation of assigned projects in support of the Division.
- The ability to provide seamless, trustworthy, attentive and resourceful (S.T.A.R.) customer service.
- Engages well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities