We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
Great Culture, Great People, Great Company
If you’re looking for a company that’s big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet small enough to make a personal impact – WoodmenLife may be the place for you.
We’ve been a fixture in downtown Omaha over 125 years, and we promote a family-first environment with flexible work schedules, a team-oriented atmosphere, and a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, knowledge and community involvement.
As a not-for-profit, WoodmenLife is a different kind of insurance company. We give back revenues to our members, not investors. We’ve been around for more than a century because we’ve always kept our promises. Through recessions and wars, we’ve remained stable and reliable.
If you want to be part of an organization where you’re not just an employee – you’re a valued member of the family – WoodmenLife is the place for you!
The Supervisor Tax oversees all aspects of tax regulatory compliance for WoodmenLife and it’s for profit subsidiaries and affiliates. Coordinates the tax compliance efforts to include capturing and disseminating tax law changes relevant to activities of the organization and ensures that appropriate measures are taken to comply with federal and state regulations. Provides consultation to multiple divisions, departments and all levels of staff on tax matters and establishes and reviews tax policy for the organization through authoritative tax opinions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plans, staffs, and leads the Tax activities for the Accounting Services Division, including managing associate performance in accordance with established guidelines, coaching and motivating direct reports, and administering compensation.
- Participates in the development of operating goals and objectives for the departments; recommends, implements, and administers methods and procedures to enhance operations.
- Provides consultation and recommendations on WoodmenLife’s product administration systems to ensure such systems comply with established statutory requirements.
- Reviews federal, state and local income tax returns, tax deposits, information returns and other tax filings to ensure returns are filed timely and compliant with established regulatory requirements.
- Develops career path objectives and establishes strategic objectives for the department that direct associates to achieve division and organization strategic initiatives.
- Prepares and manages the department budgets for Tax and Information Reporting.
- Coordinates tax research requests, provides counsel, directs and reviews tax policy on a variety of tax regulatory issues. Ensures that systems are in place to capture, review, interpret, and disseminate relevant changes in tax law and or procedures.
- Supports the Director of Accounting with tax audits.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality in accordance with the expectations established by your supervisor and WoodmenLife policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 3+ years of relevant Tax, Accounting, or Finance experience in a corporate or another relevant financial position.
- Three Years of Management Experience.
- Proficient in the use of tax research software, tax filing software and information reporting software.
- Demonstrates an advanced level of knowledge of spreadsheet software.
- Must be proficient at managing projects across multiple business units through partnering with management to reach consensus in resolving compliance initiatives.
- Proven problem solving, analytical and decision making skills.
- The ability to provide seamless, trustworthy, attentive and resourceful (S.T.A.R.) customer service.
- Engages well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- A CPA certification.
- Masters of Taxation / Business Administration.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities