We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
Project Manager II or III
Great Culture, Great People, Great Company
If you’re looking for a company that’s big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet small enough to make a personal impact – WoodmenLife may be the place for you.
We’ve been a fixture in downtown Omaha over 125 years, and we promote a family-first environment with flexible work schedules, a team-oriented atmosphere, and a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, knowledge and community involvement.
As a not-for-profit, WoodmenLife is a different kind of insurance company. We give back revenues to our members, not investors. We’ve been around for more than a century because we’ve always kept our promises. Through recessions and wars, we’ve remained stable and reliable.
If you want to be part of an organization where you’re not just an employee – you’re a valued member of the family – WoodmenLife is the place for you!
*Position will be filled at level commensurate with experience
The Project Manager II or III will be responsible for planning, executing, controlling, and closing of assigned projects to meet business needs, quality standards, time constraints and allotted budget. The Project Manager II or III is a seasoned project manager with a proven track record of delivering results on challenging projects. They will typically manage higher visibility, complex projects and/or a larger workload of smaller, less complex projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Establishes project teams in coordination with Resource Managers, Project Stakeholders and the business. Estimates needs, then selects and allocates project human resources with the appropriate skill sets, levels and availability to each phase of the project.
- Establishes and monitors project budget amounts.
- Directs project team work efforts to define scope, assess risks, create work breakdown structure/workplan, assign duties or responsibilities to team members and develop a schedule leading to the completion of the project; while ensuring that the project is consistently aligned with the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Identifies project risks and impact and provides analysis to the Project Management Office Director (PMOD).
- Ensures that business and system development and methodologies are followed for all project work. This includes but is not limited to providing for the development and application of user/technical documentation, testing, training and post-implementation reviews; providing results to the PMOD.
- Coordinates and monitors the progress of the project and initiates appropriate action to variances in the project plan.
- Provides recommendations to the PMOD with regard to portfolio project management initiatives based upon available resources and client needs.
- Provides pro rata performance appraisals for project team members to the Resources Managers and is responsible for mentoring others filling the project management specialist role.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality in accordance with the expectations established by your supervisor and WoodmenLife policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Information Systems or related field is strongly preferred.
- Successful completion of PMP certification is required.
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience directing technical and non-technical staff in the implementation of projects that utilize software development methodologies, with minimum associated costs of $1,000,000.
- The ability to provide seamless, trustworthy, attentive and resourceful (S.T.A.R.) customer service.
- Engages well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely in writing and verbally with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to adapt to sudden project shifts from Woodmen and/or customer perspectives and to proactively identify and manage the impact of these shifts.
- Strong decision making, planning, organizing, negotiation and facilitation, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Possess technical and business related knowledge sufficient to thoughtfully lead discussions, provide guidance and influence direction with both technical and business related groups.
- Ability to effectively lead teams and make timely decisions while maintaining/improving morale.
- Ability to lead multiple projects of moderate to high complexity.
- Ability to apply financial forecasting skills to project management methodology.
- Ability to build relationships with internal and/or external customers to ensure expectations are being met.
- A minimum of 10 years demonstrated experience directing technical and non-technical staff in the implementation of projects as well as being proficient in multiple software development methodologies. These are typically multi-million dollar initiatives that span multiple years.
- Ability to lead projects that introduce significant and unprecedented change to the organization.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities