We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
HR Project Specialist II
Great Culture, Great People, Great Company
If you’re looking for a company that’s big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet small enough to make a personal impact – WoodmenLife may be the place for you.
We’ve been a fixture in downtown Omaha over 125 years, and we promote a family-first environment with flexible work schedules, a team-oriented atmosphere, and a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, knowledge and community involvement.
As a not-for-profit, WoodmenLife is a different kind of insurance company. We give back revenues to our members, not investors. We’ve been around for more than a century because we’ve always kept our promises. Through recessions and wars, we’ve remained stable and reliable.
If you want to be part of an organization where you’re not just an employee – you’re a valued member of the family – WoodmenLife is the place for you!
Support Human Resource Division goals and objectives through various projects, including FMLA, Workers Compensation and unemployment claims. Provide processing and administrative support to HR Business Partners for ongoing employee relations initiatives, such as onboarding new leaders and conducting exit interviews. Coordinate and ensure accuracy on a variety of Human Resources reports for the business. Take ownership of the development and documentation of the organization’s policies and coordination of division’s budget.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist HR division by coordinating, researching and completing special projects and programs as assigned.
- Collaborate with divisional partners to identify and document business needs, objectives, scope and procedures as it relates to the projects and programs that have been assigned.
- Set clear and reasonable expectations and deadlines for projects and goals to ensure outcome is consistent with the long-term strategy of the division. Assist in the planning of project phases and estimate impact of modifications to the time-line(s) established.
- Identify, prioritize and solve problems or conflicts in the integration of special projects and programs.
- Manage budgets by documenting expenses and monitoring budget to remain within limits.
- Facilitate project meetings.
- Assist in planning, developing, writing and maintaining procedural documents, instructions and functional specifications for new or modified processes.
- Implement system(s) to identify gaps and make recommendations for improvements.
- Attend conferences/seminars related to the industry to research educational resources and opportunities to enhance knowledge of current projects and for personal growth and development.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality in accordance with the expectations established by your supervisor and WoodmenLife policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Project management skills desired.
- Problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to manage multiple project assignments, deadlines and changing priorities in a team environment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal intervention from the manager.
- Ability to exhibit negotiation, facilitation, and implementation of change skills.
- Knowledge of the insurance/financial services industry is strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the work period as applicable for effective implementation of assigned projects in support of the Division.
- The ability to provide seamless, trustworthy, attentive and resourceful (S.T.A.R.) customer service.
- Engages well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities