We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
Great Culture, Great People, Great Company
If you’re looking for a company that’s big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet small enough to make a personal impact – WoodmenLife may be the place for you.
We’ve been a fixture in downtown Omaha over 125 years, and we promote a family-first environment with flexible work schedules, a team-oriented atmosphere, and a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, knowledge and community involvement.
As a not-for-profit, WoodmenLife is a different kind of insurance company. We give back revenues to our members, not investors. We’ve been around for more than a century because we’ve always kept our promises. Through recessions and wars, we’ve remained stable and reliable.
If you want to be part of an organization where you’re not just an employee – you’re a valued member of the family – WoodmenLife is the place for you!
Enter, Issue and Incomplete annuity applications into multiple computer systems. Through the entry process maintain computer records by accurate entry of information from the application. Applies initial remittance on new business annuity applications using various rules as they apply to state and federal banking regulations. Processes incomplete annuity applications, which includes refunding initial remittance and composing a letter of explanation to the member.
Completes quality checks on annuity applications prior to issue, to ensure accuracy of client and policy information inputted into the multiple computer systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyze annuity applications recognizing completeness of application, replacement, proper signatures, and compliance with state regulations, including product availability for age and plan based on state signed. Also, review for compliance with AML, fraud detection and Woodmen procedures in OKB or manual.
- Accurately enter data from the application into the Organization’s computer systems, recognizing and updating existing records based on new information. This includes verifying date of birth, SS#, name and address on previous records held by the applicant.
- Identify application or form deficiencies and communicate with Sales Representative for clarification and request additional information when needed.
- Perform accounting transactions such as applying dues are transferring money from other certificates as a result of an exchange, including applying and adjusting all types of annuity premium payments including contributions, direct transfer, rollover and 1035. Assure required documentation is received. Responsible for following strict tax guidelines to ensure money is reported correctly.
- Performs quality checks and issues all annuity applications. Ensure that all changes or modifications are accurately reflected in the final certificate. Responsible for requesting any post settlement requirement and compose or complete correspondence that will accompany the certificate.
- Incompletes applications where all of the requirements are not received or not deemed suitable to include interest calculations on money being refunded and communicating with field associates and applicants regarding non-issue reasons.
- Possesses knowledge of WoodmenLife’s Annuity products. Possesses in-depth knowledge of policies and procedures for business area and knows who to contact to get results.
- Continually reviews and analyzes the workflow to provide efficient service and meet service level goals. Makes recommendations for changes that enhance the process and improve customer service.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality in accordance with the expectations established by your supervisor and WoodmenLife policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to work overtime as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Strong math skills and general accounting skills necessary for calculating interest, transferring monies and researching payments.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to details and the ability to make independent decisions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in order to meet established time standards and department service levels.
- Ability to research and investigate previous system transactions and take appropriate action.
- Ability to effectively communicate and understand information via telephone, voice mail, face-to-face and in writing.
- Strong PC skills, especially with Word and the ability to work within multiple windows simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a team environment and also independently.
- Ability to adhere to Core Operation’s Behavioral Standards including focusing on solutions, being open to feedback and dialogue, taking initiative, and be involved and accountable.
- The ability to provide seamless, trustworthy, attentive and resourceful (S.T.A.R.) customer service.
- Engages well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- Knowledge of WoodmenLife’s plans of insurance, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Prefer previous experience or familiarity with all new business system screens, AWD, Ingenium, and other system transactions.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities