We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
Sr. Digital Copywriter
Great Culture, Great People, Great Company
If you’re looking for a company that’s big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet small enough to make a personal impact – WoodmenLife may be the place for you.
We’ve been a fixture in downtown Omaha over 125 years, and we promote a family-first environment with flexible work schedules, a team-oriented atmosphere, and a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, knowledge and community involvement.
As a not-for-profit, WoodmenLife is a different kind of insurance company. We give back revenues to our members, not investors. We’ve been around for more than a century because we’ve always kept our promises. Through recessions and wars, we’ve remained stable and reliable.
If you want to be part of an organization where you’re not just an employee – you’re a valued member of the family – WoodmenLife is the place for you!
Writes and edits of all digital marketing and advertising pieces, with minimal supervision from the Copywriting Supervisor. Pieces include but are not limited to Web pages, landing pages, emails, blogs, social media posts, digital ads, video scripts, direct marketing pieces, brochures, magazine articles and ads, and special projects as assigned. This includes message and concept development for various Marketing and Public Relations initiatives designed for a variety of target audiences, including WoodmenLife’s Sales Force, members, prospective members, Home Office associates, and the general public. Ensures all content and copy meets the expectations of the customer and established WoodmenLife brand voice guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Concepts, researches and writes compelling digital content for initiative- and strategy-based projects and campaigns, as well as for traditional, executive-level communication pieces, various public relations, advertising, training and communication initiatives.(i.e. online ads, promotional pieces, company websites, landing pages, infographics, publications articles, sales & recruitment brochures, scripts, etc.)
- Assists in determination of SEO search keywords for all digital content including blogs, website, website landing pages and video and creates tags for WoodmenLife YouTube videos for maximum digital exposure.
- Works closely with multimedia designer and the Marketing Communications team to ensure digital content aligns with the WoodmenLife brand voice and overall strategy, implementing necessary changes in order to maximize lead generation results and brand awareness, and applies this knowledge to future projects and campaign efforts.
- Contributes to overall campaign strategy for digital team and makes appropriate recommendations regarding campaign strategy and overall goals.
- Works with digital campaign team to create benchmarks and analyze/evaluate digital impressions and overall traffic for lead generation, recruiting and awareness campaigns in order to meet key performance indicators as set by Marketing management.
- Continues to stay informed of the latest digital marketing trends in the life insurance industry in order to target for maximum effectiveness.
- Meets attendance, punctuality and project deadlines in accordance with the expectations established by your supervisor and WoodmenLife policy.
- Abides by all company security policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English or Communications, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience in various disciplines of writing; three years specializing in digital.
- Highly creative and imaginative with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of writing for digital media. Including SEO and SEM knowledge, email, social media, programmatic ads, landing pages and websites.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment, effectively work on multiple projects of varying complexities, work well under pressure, and function in an agile marketing environment.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and clearly communicate information to others.
- Self-motivated, able to follow through on assignments and meet deadlines with minimal daily management oversight.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities quickly in a demanding work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills; can effectively express and present ideas to both creative and non-creative personnel, listen well, and work in a team environment.
- Ability to provide seamless, trustworthy, attentive and resourceful (S.T.A.R.) customer service.
- Engages well with others and is passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- Proficiency in Bright Edge, Microsoft Word and JIRA preferred.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities