We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
Business Intelligence Analyst
Great Culture, Great People, Great Company
If you’re looking for a company that’s big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet small enough to make a personal impact – WoodmenLife may be the place for you.
We’ve been a fixture in downtown Omaha over 125 years, and we promote a family-first environment with flexible work schedules, a team-oriented atmosphere, and a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, knowledge and community involvement.
As a not-for-profit, WoodmenLife is a different kind of insurance company. We give back revenues to our members, not investors. We’ve been around for more than a century because we’ve always kept our promises. Through recessions and wars, we’ve remained stable and reliable.
If you want to be part of an organization where you’re not just an employee – you’re a valued member of the family – WoodmenLife is the place for you!
The BI Department is responsible for deploying tools to support self-service data retrieval by business unit analysts as well as developing advanced reporting, analysis and process automation, utilizing the Microsoft BI stack and technologies as well as other supported platforms.
The BI Analyst works with the Business Intelligence team, Business Intelligence Developers and Data Architects to build and maintain company business intelligence systems. Provides insights through data, developing reports and exploring new BI products and solutions for the business. Leads technical testing for team building scenarios to drive towards lowering defects. Strong, proven communication skills with business stakeholders is a requirement for success in this position as translating business users’ needs into BI system implementations is the core of our mission within the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works closely with business units, Data Architect(s) and Business Intelligence Developer(s) to understand end-user requirements for reporting, KPI’s, dashboards and models.
- Develops recurring reports and ad hoc reports using a variety of tools including SSRS, Power Pivot, and Excel.
- Analyzes data and general business intelligence.
- Helps to create and document technical designs and project requirements.
- Automates existing reporting packages in SSRS.
- Develops SQL queries for complex data structures across multiple databases.
- Assists in maintaining meta data and data models.
- Improves existing operational and financial business models.
- Works with BT to modify, enhance and maintain existing platform reports.
- Adheres to departmental development methodology and standards.
- Works across multiple departments to help capture business requirements.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality in accordance with the expectations established by your supervisor and Woodmen policy.
- Abides by all company security policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 3 years of related experience
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2016 and all its products and features, such as SSAS, SSRS.
- Good working knowledge of BI Methodology and best practices.
- Creative thinker and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions.
- High-level skills and experience with T-SQL, scripting technologies.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and prepare technical documents.
- A strong interest in business or financial reporting and testing automation.
- Must enjoy learning new technologies and meet new challenges with enthusiasm.
- Ability to engage well with others and be passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- Knowledge of the insurance/financial services industry
- Broad multi-platform, multi-technology analytical experience
- Knowledge in software quality assurance best practices and web-based requirement and test management tools.
- Leadership and training experience.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities