We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
Accounts Payable Specialist
Great Culture, Great People, Great Company
If you’re looking for a company that’s big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet small enough to make a personal impact – WoodmenLife may be the place for you.
We’ve been a fixture in downtown Omaha over 125 years, and we promote a family-first environment with flexible work schedules, a team-oriented atmosphere, and a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, knowledge and community involvement.
As a not-for-profit, WoodmenLife is a different kind of insurance company. We give back revenues to our members, not investors. We’ve been around for more than a century because we’ve always kept our promises. Through recessions and wars, we’ve remained stable and reliable.
If you want to be part of an organization where you’re not just an employee – you’re a valued member of the family – WoodmenLife is the place for you!
Responsible for all aspects of accounts payable, updating vendor records, confirming that all completed W9’s are received, ensuring invoices and expense reimbursements are paid in an accurate and timely manner while adhering to Society policies and procedures; researches discrepancies in invoices and settlements, bringing to resolution and escalating issues as needed; conducts research and compiles data for report preparation resolving any discrepancies with data. Works with other divisions and departments within the company to assist them in the understanding and compliance of Organization policies and procedures
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyzes all invoices for proper general ledger expense coding, including authority levels and supporting documentation.
- Applies sales and use tax to appropriate vendor invoices, credit card purchases, and all reimbursements, ensuring company remains in compliance.
- Verifies that transactions comply with policies and procedures.
- Assists in the compliance monitoring of the disbursement policies.
- Complies with internal and external controls as it relates to disbursements and accounting.
- Researches and resolves issues and concerns with employee reimbursements and vendors.
- Assists in the maintenance of the vendor records within the Accounts Payable System.
- Acts as a back-up and a resource for other Accounting positions in the area.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality in accordance with the expectations established by your supervisor and WoodmenLife policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to work overtime as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or two to four years equivalent work experience.
- Ability to recognize problems, formulate and implement appropriate solutions.
- Knowledge of general ledger accounting, practices and principles (GAAP).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Ability to operate a computer and maintain extensive knowledge of appropriate computerized systems necessary for data entry and retrieval.
- Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Positive attitude and eagerness to learn.
- The ability to provide seamless, trustworthy, attentive and resourceful (S.T.A.R.) customer service.
- Engages well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- Experience with Lawson Portal Applications
- Knowledge of NE Sales/Use Tax
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities