We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
Sr. Human Resources Business Partner
Great Culture, Great People, Great Company
If you’re looking for a company that’s big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet small enough to make a personal impact – WoodmenLife may be the place for you.
We’ve been a fixture in downtown Omaha over 125 years, and we promote a family-first environment with flexible work schedules, a team-oriented atmosphere, and a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, knowledge and community involvement.
As a not-for-profit, WoodmenLife is a different kind of insurance company. We give back revenues to our members, not investors. We’ve been around for more than a century because we’ve always kept our promises. Through recessions and wars, we’ve remained stable and reliable.
If you want to be part of an organization where you’re not just an employee – you’re a valued member of the family – WoodmenLife is the place for you!
Acts as a change agent while driving operational and strategic initiatives. Empowers leadership and associates across divisions to embrace the human capital strategy of the organization in order to produce business results. Serves as a strategic business partner, influencing and generating ideas and solutions that align with business objectives and facilitating leadership development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Understands the organization including all strategic and organizational capabilities that impact the business
- Aligns the human capital strategy and HR goals with all division and organization’s balanced scorecard
- Drives strategies and actions that support team and organizational efforts. Challenges traditional thinking and business practices
- Conducts and/or participates in regular meetings with respective business areas
- Manages and leads change processes in partnership with the leadership teams for the Divisions supported
- Provides consulting and facilitation services to the business to assist in vision, strategy, structure, culture, organizational alignment, and employee relations
- Drives improvement in organization capabilities; identifies gaps and develops solutions to support a growth-minded, business-results driven culture
- Drives management accountability through effective coaching, influencing and development and/or implementation of human resources tools, training and other programs
- Leads organizational effectiveness efforts through performance management, selection and talent management processes
- Leads, manages and develops HR Generalist team in day to day administration of duties. Establishes operational objectives, expectations and work plans, and delegates assignments.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of associates, managing and reducing risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the Legal department as needed/required.
- Works with management and recruiting as a resource on talent gaps and corporate culture
- Directs and coordinates reduction in force efforts by researching data, working with management & Legal, and conducting associate meetings
- Actively partners with the HR Culture and Talent Development team to drive succession planning efforts within the business channel; proactively identifies talent and skill gaps and development plans
- Identifies strategies to help divisions implement total rewards initiatives that meet strategic and human capital goals and drive business results
- Abides by all company security policies and procedures
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality in accordance with the expectations established by your supervisor and WoodmenLife policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, a related field or equivalent experience
- More than seven years of progressive HR/ER experience
- Able to make appropriate and timely decisions based upon the current circumstances and future needs
- Able to effectively influence and persuade others through communications at all levels of the organization
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to advise and provide sound advice while remaining neutral
- Project and process management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills required to effectively interact with and influence associates at all levels of the organization
- Excellent time management skills required to prioritize and handle multiple demands and adapt with appropriate flexibility
- Demonstrated high-level expertise across various HR functions including Performance Management, Compensation, Recruiting, Organizational Design, employment law, EEO, FMLA, ADA, and Employee Relations
- Ability to manage an effective and efficient team through goal setting, providing continuous feedback and fostering an environment of accountability, continuous improvement, innovation, and trust
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be open to new strategies and approaches
- Strong problem solving and creative analysis skills
- Ability to work under stressful situations and maintain an effective approach
- Ability to maintain highly confidential and sensitive information
- The ability to provide seamless, trustworthy, attentive and resourceful (S.T.A.R.) customer service.
- Engages well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources or a related field
- HR Certifications (SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SPC or SHRM-PC)
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities