We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
Reporting Analyst I, II or III
Great Culture, Great People, Great Company
If you’re looking for a company that’s big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet small enough to make a personal impact – WoodmenLife may be the place for you.
We’ve been a fixture in downtown Omaha over 125 years, and we promote a family-first environment with flexible work schedules, a team-oriented atmosphere, and a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, knowledge and community involvement.
As a not-for-profit, WoodmenLife is a different kind of insurance company. We give back revenues to our members, not investors. We’ve been around for more than a century because we’ve always kept our promises. Through recessions and wars, we’ve remained stable and reliable.
If you want to be part of an organization where you’re not just an employee – you’re a valued member of the family – WoodmenLife is the place for you!
*Position will be filled at level commensurate with experience.
Contributes to the growth and financial soundness of the organization by assisting with a variety of actuarial functions. This includes compiling and managing data to be used in analysis and reporting of various WoodmenLife insurance products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides support to the Actuarial staff by developing, modifying and maintaining custom reports for both ad-hoc and ongoing requests.
- Runs the monthly process that starts with policy values from the reserve system and creates journal entries to be uploaded to the ledger.
- Prepares year-end financial exhibits to support the completion of the annual statement.
- Maintains databases used for generating income and expense allocations, unit cost calculations, and multiple other financial functions.
- Identifies trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Supports experience study process by running and maintaining databases and performing validations to ensure accuracy.
- Assists with the review, consolidation and reduction of data discrepancies.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality in accordance with the expectations established by your supervisor and WoodmenLife policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Assists other analysts in completing similar tasks and reviews the results to ensure accuracy.
- Creates, enhances and maintains databases used for generating income and expense allocations, unit cost calculations, and multiple other financial functions.
- Identifies, analyzes and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Supports the experience study process by generating data sets from various sources, performing validations to ensure accuracy, creating reports and performing initial analysis on the results and working with the actuaries to make assumption recommendations.
- Provides support to the Actuarial staff by creating, modifying and running models used for understanding WoodmenLife’s products and experience. This may include modeling in MG-Alfa, SQL, MS Access or similar software.
- Design, create and enhance databases used for generating income and expense allocations, unit cost calculations, and multiple other financial functions.
- Work with division leaders to validate expense allocation methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and at least 1-2 years related on-the-job experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products with specific experience with Microsoft Access or other database tools required.
- Understanding of database concepts and the ability to learn general programming such as VB and SQL.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Requires flexible hours of work to meet deadlines and match business requirements.
- The ability to provide seamless, trustworthy, attentive and resourceful (S.T.A.R.) customer service.
- Engages well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and at least 3-5 years related on-the-job experience.
- Adept at troubleshooting database issues, analyzing data, and presenting findings.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and at least 5-10 years related on-the-job experience.
- Understanding of database concepts, modeling concepts and tools, and experience with general programming such as VB and SQL.
- Adept at designing databases, analyzing data, and presenting findings.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities