We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
Community Outreach Advisor I-Greensboro, North Carolina
Great Culture, Great People, Great Company
If you’re looking for a company that’s big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet small enough to make a personal impact – WoodmenLife may be the place for you.
We’ve been a fixture in downtown Omaha over 125 years, and we promote a family-first environment with flexible work schedules, a team-oriented atmosphere, and a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, knowledge and community involvement.
As a not-for-profit, WoodmenLife is a different kind of insurance company. We give back revenues to our members, not investors. We’ve been around for more than a century because we’ve always kept our promises. Through recessions and wars, we’ve remained stable and reliable.
If you want to be part of an organization where you’re not just an employee – you’re a valued member of the family – WoodmenLife is the place for you!
Guides implementation for all fraternal programs, activities and initiatives to grow and retain members in a specific marketing area. These programs are designed to enhance WoodmenLife’s recognition and support a strong and growing membership in the marketing area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Identifies opportunities that provide sales leads and drive membership growth, through community engagement with our shared commitment values.
- Executes national program and benefits training to regional members and sales representatives.
- Supports regional initiatives in partnership with the Regional Director’s strategic vision and plan.
- Promotes national marketing initiatives on a regional level through multiple channels including social media.
- Seeks out and develops relationships with community organizations, key influencers, and media outlets.
- Supports membership engagement events, events supporting representative governance, and other large and small scale regional events. Contributes to event proposals, budgets, and reporting.
- Makes presentations when necessary, to small and large audiences and key stakeholders.
- Maintains required reporting structures using WoodmenLife guidelines, including financial, chapter activity, and program reporting.
- Guides chapters on best practices and stewardship of funds.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality in accordance with the expectations established by your supervisor and WoodmenLife policy.
- Abides by all company security policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Prefer Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in communications, marketing, public relations or related field or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to philanthropy and community betterment.
- Excellent verbal, written and public speaking communications skills.
- Ability to establish rapport and credibility quickly and effectively.
- Adaptable attitude, a self-starter and creative
- Effective time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work an irregular job schedule, including nights and weekends, and overnight travel when required
- Ability to work independently and effectively meet goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work across organization with all stakeholders and to foster positive working relationships.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- The ability to provide seamless, trustworthy, attentive and resourceful (S.T.A.R.) customer service.
- Engages well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities