We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at woodmen.org/careers.
Great Culture, Great People, Great Company
If you’re looking for a company that’s big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet small enough to make a personal impact – WoodmenLife may be the place for you.
We’ve been a fixture in downtown Omaha over 125 years, and we promote a family-first environment with flexible work schedules, a team-oriented atmosphere, and a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, knowledge and community involvement.
As a not-for-profit, WoodmenLife is a different kind of insurance company. We give back revenues to our members, not investors. We’ve been around for more than a century because we’ve always kept our promises. Through recessions and wars, we’ve remained stable and reliable.
If you want to be part of an organization where you’re not just an employee – you’re a valued member of the family – WoodmenLife is the place for you!
This position provides administrative support to the Vice Presidents and other associates in Actuarial and Investment divisions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Meet expectations for attendance and punctuality in accordance with the expectations established by your supervisor and Woodmen policy.
- Greet/assist visitors and answer VP/director phones.
- Set up VP/director meetings and process large photocopy jobs.
- Distribute mail, pick up packages when called, and make FedEx shipments.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Copy machine maintenance (i.e., order & fill paper, order & replace toners, call for service when needed).
- Pay invoices for divisions and deliver checks to accounting.
- Update Table Tents and distribute Field Rep phone calls.
- Order/stock office supplies and file documents/shuttle items to 29th floor.
- Distribute blue bar reports monthly and file NAIC Model Law Updates.
- Assist Universal Life partial surrender data entry monthly and run various Access/Impromptu queries.
- Request certificates/illustrations and distribute when received.
- Assist H&A Premium data entry and Demographic Monitoring Reports for Actuarial.
- Reconcile Acct 420 monthly and assist and distribute AL/FL financials.
- Enter Interest Rate Update, Flash and Value survey data, Texas interest rate letter for Compliance.
- Record/file monthly vouchers and Field Rep call worksheets.
- Update Guaranteed Settlement Report quarterly.
- Assist advertising database, smoker reclassifications, updates to compliance forms conference in Lotus Notes and illustration variations.
- Keep mortgage contact list of correspondents & property managers up to date.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prior office experience is desired.
- Great customer service skills.
- Excellent word processing, email, and calendaring skills.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet software.
- Ability to compose concise and courteous business letters and memorandums.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills required to handle multiple projects.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at woodmen.org/careers.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities