We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at woodmen.org/careers.
.Net Software Development Programmer Analyst
Great Culture, Great People, Great Company
If you’re looking for a company that’s big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet small enough to make a personal impact – WoodmenLife may be the place for you.
We’ve been a fixture in downtown Omaha over 125 years, and we promote a family-first environment with flexible work schedules, a team-oriented atmosphere, and a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, knowledge and community involvement.
As a not-for-profit, WoodmenLife is a different kind of insurance company. We give back revenues to our members, not investors. We’ve been around for more than a century because we’ve always kept our promises. Through recessions and wars, we’ve remained stable and reliable.
If you want to be part of an organization where you’re not just an employee – you’re a valued member of the family – WoodmenLife is the place for you!
Ensures the quality delivery of business value through the development, integration, configuration and deployment of technology solutions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Consults / collaborates with the business to ensure clarification of business requirements.
- Designs, configures, develops, integrates, tests and deploys technology solutions to meet business requirements.
- Coaches less experienced technical resources.
- Engaged in ongoing growth and development in the area of technology while promoting the stated application strategy.
- Optimizes processes for effectiveness & productivity.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality in accordance with the expectations established by your supervisor and WoodmenLife policy.
- Position will be required to be on call.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience building and maintaining solutions using Microsoft Visual Studio (prefer version 2015+).
- Ability to demonstrate a good level of proficiency in Microsoft VB.NET and C#.
- Experience with Entity Framework or similar ORM.
- Experience with ASP.NET MVC and Web API.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Agile methodologies.
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server, understanding the basics of database operations including writing stored procedures, tuning, and profiling.
- Good interpersonal, written communication, oral communication and listening skills.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload to meet project goals within deadlines.
- Ability to provide seamless, trustworthy, attentive and resourceful (S.T.A.R.) customer service.
- Team Foundation Server / GIT or similar source control knowledge required, understanding concepts such as check-ins/outs, branching, shelving code and versioning.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS, related field or equivalent work experience.
- Must be self-motivated and have a high degree of ownership.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines on multiple concurrent tasks.
- Ability to work with varying technical tools required to fulfill responsibilities; ability to quickly adapt to changing technologies.
- Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey technical information effectively to both IT and business audience; demonstrated ability to work in and lead an interdisciplinary team.
- A passion for learning and implementing emerging technologies.
- Ability to iteratively and incrementally improve both products and processes; ability to analyze and resolve performance issues in all environments.
- Ability to engage well with others and be passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- Previous experience working in the Insurance Industry.
- Experience performing on an Agile team.
- Previous experience with JSON & XML desired.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at woodmen.org/careers.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities