We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at woodmen.org/careers.
Great Culture, Great People, Great Company
If you’re looking for a company that’s big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet small enough to make a personal impact – WoodmenLife may be the place for you.
We’ve been a fixture in downtown Omaha over 125 years, and we promote a family-first environment with flexible work schedules, a team-oriented atmosphere, and a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, knowledge and community involvement.
As a not-for-profit, WoodmenLife is a different kind of insurance company. We give back revenues to our members, not investors. We’ve been around for more than a century because we’ve always kept our promises. Through recessions and wars, we’ve remained stable and reliable.
If you want to be part of an organization where you’re not just an employee – you’re a valued member of the family – WoodmenLife is the place for you!
*20 hours per week, during the hours of 8-4:30 Monday thru Friday*
Under direct supervision, the Copywriting intern will gain experience writing multiple internal and external pieces designed for our customers, including the Sales Force, Community Outreach Managers, Home Office associates, and members. They will also provide support during planning, execution and evaluation, in order to gain exposure and experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs research necessary to write materials, including primary source interviews, etc.
- Writes copy for various fraternal, advertising, marketing, and communication initiatives (i.e. publication articles, advertisements, letters, postcards, web copy, emails, etc.)
- Proofreads and revises materials to ensure that copy is error-free.
- Support Marketing Services and other copywriters in implementing projects and programs.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality in accordance with the expectations established by your supervisor and WoodmenLife policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Director, Marketing Services.
- College Junior or Senior; area of study in Journalism, Communications, Advertising, English, Public Relations, or Marketing.
- Ability to work +-20 hours per week.
- Basic knowledge of communication theories, techniques and outlets, including social media.
- Good mastery of the English language, able to write for different types of media to different audiences.
- Solid classroom preparation in mass communications, journalism, public relations and/or advertising
- Willingness and desire to learn and develop specific skills and abilities.
- Good computing skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office and preferably Lotus Notes.
- Self-motivated and a team player.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills – ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Highly creative and imaginative.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and clearly communicate information to others.
- Self-motivated with positive attitude.
- Ability to work with a high level of concentration and attention to detail.
- Ability to develop concepts and themes and write creatively.
- Ability to participate as part of a team and work well with various constituencies.
- Strong writing skills.
- Experience in publication writing, social media, and advertising preferred.
- Experience using social media tools.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), Fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at woodmen.org/careers.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities