We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at woodmen.org/careers.
Web Services Supervisor
Great Culture, Great People, Great Company
If you’re looking for a company that’s big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet small enough to make a personal impact – WoodmenLife may be the place for you.
We’ve been a fixture in downtown Omaha for 125 years, and we promote a family-first environment with flexible work schedules, a team-oriented atmosphere, and a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, knowledge and community involvement.
As a not-for-profit, WoodmenLife is a different kind of insurance company. We give back revenues to our members, not investors. We’ve been around for more than a century because we’ve always kept our promises. Through recessions and wars, we’ve remained stable and reliable.
If you want to be part of an organization where you’re not just an employee – you’re a valued member of the family – WoodmenLife is the place for you!
Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Web Services team, including user experience, design, development, testing, release and maintenance of internal and external web systems, sites and applications.. This role includes responsibility for the quality and timely delivery of work produced by the team. Candidates should have extensive knowledge of web development process and code development best practices to provide guidance, leadership and experience to the team. This person will act as the primary liaison between the Web Services team and other business groups.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Build, mentor and lead a web development team
- Coordinate and review the work efforts of the team for quality
- Manage websites, servers, domains and systems necessary to support the organization’s online relationships with members, Associates and Sales Force
- Manage a backlog and ensures timely development for all websites
- Responsible for development, implementation and maintenance of the infrastructure, and software utilized for WoodmenLife.org.
- Collaborate and oversee the design and maintenance of team processes and procedures
- Coordinate content management for all website applications
- Collaborate with advertising and communication project teams to identify opportunities for testing and optimization related to lead conversion on the website, and work with the other teams necessary to implement tests
- Collaborate with business groups (Business Technology, Sales, Subsidiaries, Customer Service, etc.) on web strategies and execution.
- Identify and manage strategic relationships with content and technical partners on web-related issues.
- Monitor web traffic, performance and capacity to identify, prevent and resolve issues Maintains appropriate security and troubleshoots any issues.
- Meet expectations for attendance and punctuality in accordance with the expectations established by supervisor and WoodmenLife policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in web site architecture and development
- 5+ years managing multiple web site(s) in an interactive project management role
- Experience in the setup and maintenance of relational databases and database-to-Web integration using MySQL and other ODBC connections
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming and MVC architecture, XML, and ASP programming languages
- Knowledge of Agile workflow
- Experience in setting up governance around content management
- Working knowledge of all digital media, including but not limited to Web, email, social media, mobile, etc.
- Strong team and collaboration skills required
- Previous supervisory experience
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to interact with and counsel associates at all levels, from non-exempts to WoodmenLife’s executives
- Insurance/financial services industry experience a plus
- Code development experience using Cold Fusion
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at woodmen.org/careers.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities