We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at woodmen.org/careers.
Great Culture, Great People, Great Company
If you’re looking for a company that’s big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet small enough to make a personal impact – WoodmenLife may be the place for you.
We’ve been a fixture in downtown Omaha for 125 years, and we promote a family-first environment with flexible work schedules, a team-oriented atmosphere, and a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, knowledge and community involvement.
As a not-for-profit, WoodmenLife is a different kind of insurance company. We give back revenues to our members, not investors. We’ve been around for more than a century because we’ve always kept our promises. Through recessions and wars, we’ve remained stable and reliable.
If you want to be part of an organization where you’re not just an employee – you’re a valued member of the family – WoodmenLife is the place for you!
Assists with a variety of organizational marketing communication functions, providing support during planning, execution and evaluation, in order to gain exposure and real workplace experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with executing the company’s social media strategy, including research and scheduling for social media content.
- Assist with planning internal and external communications for various events and public relations projects.
- Assist with publications, including proofreading and information gathering, archiving, creating databases and filing systems for various people/products/photos featured in different publications.
- Work with communications team to execute annual content calendar.
- Track, re-purpose and analyze WoodmenLife’s content from various channels.
- Concept and develop a plan to launch and maintain a corporate presence on Instagram. Plan will be presented to the entire marketing team at the end of internship.
- College Junior or Senior; area of study in Journalism, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations or Marketing.
- Ability to work 10-20 hours per week.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, working closely with multiple audiences and stakeholders.
- Basic knowledge of communication theories, techniques and outlets, including social media.
- Good mastery of the English language, able to write for different types of mediums.
- Solid classroom preparation in mass communications, journalism, public relations and/or advertising.
- Willingness and desire to learn and develop specific skills and abilities.
- Good computing skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office and preferably Lotus Notes. Also working knowledge of basic photography techniques.
- Self-motivated and a team player.
- Experience in developing newsletters, website content, event planning, communication plan development and presentations.
- Experience using social media tools.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at woodmen.org/careers.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities