We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at woodmen.org/careers.
Sr. Security Risk Management Analyst
Great Culture, Great People, Great Company
If you’re looking for a company that’s big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet small enough to make a personal impact – WoodmenLife may be the place for you.
We’ve been a fixture in downtown Omaha for 125 years, and we promote a family-first environment with flexible work schedules, a team-oriented atmosphere, and a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, knowledge and community involvement.
As a not-for-profit, WoodmenLife is a different kind of insurance company. We give back revenues to our members, not investors. We’ve been around for more than a century because we’ve always kept our promises. Through recessions and wars, we’ve remained stable and reliable.
If you want to be part of an organization where you’re not just an employee – you’re a valued member of the family – WoodmenLife is the place for you!
Responsible for performing corporate security risk management analysis that may involve wide-ranging risk and business impact evaluations. Minimize exposure to the company by working closely with individual business units, auditors, and third party vendors. Design and track security programs and operations, assess security performance and build relationships with company internal clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for assessing the security performance of WoodmenLife and third-party facilities and information resources used by the Organization to access, create, receive, maintain, process or otherwise use information that is protected by WoodmenLife policy and/or law.
- Assist in the designing and tracking of WoodmenLife’s security program and operations, along with executing tactical initiatives set forth by WoodmenLife Management.
- Research and analyze industry trends, best practices and regulatory requirements in order to assist with the development, maintenance, and enforcement of risk based security policies, processes, and standards.
- Execute, properly document, and present reports of security audit results to the Organizations leadership team. The reports will include thorough audit documentation, findings and recommended solutions, alternatives, and procedural changes to help reduce security risks.
- Assist with the planning and conducting risk assessments to evaluate security risks associated with the Organizations information resources and physical assets.
- Provide complex analytical, audit and project support in risk measurement and control analysis, development and validation of controls
- Assist with maintaining the Organizations compliance with WoodmenLife’s policies, standards, procedures, and all applicable laws.
- Provides expertise and coordinates with other subject matter experts to mitigate Corporate Security risks and to correct compliance exposures and gaps. Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality in accordance with the expectations established by your supervisor and WoodmenLife policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Assurance, Management Information Systems or equivalent education and/or experience.
- 3+ years of experience in Risk Management, Information Security, IT Audit, Information Assurance, Compliance, and/or Physical Security, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or other similar information systems audit certification.
- Experience in developing policy and procedures with regard to security administrative, technology and physical safeguards.
- Knowledge in various areas, such as: Identity and Access Management, Threat and Vulnerability Management, Information Risk and Governance, IT Architecture, Monitoring, Incident Response, Security Strategy, and Physical Security.
- Knowledge of generally accepted information security audit standards, statements and practices, and information security and control practices, and physical security standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Strong observational and analytical skills
- Strong physical security and information security skills and knowledge
- Ability to use sound judgment and logic to solve problems.
- Ability to work independently and to meet deliverables.
- The ability to provide seamless, trustworthy, attentive and resourceful (S.T.A.R.) customer service.
- Engages well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at woodmen.org/careers.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities