We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at woodmen.org/careers.
Great Culture, Great People, Great Company
If you’re looking for a company that’s big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet small enough to make a personal impact – WoodmenLife may be the place for you.
We’ve been a fixture in downtown Omaha for 125 years, and we promote a family-first environment with flexible work schedules, a team-oriented atmosphere, and a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, knowledge and community involvement.
As a not-for-profit, WoodmenLife is a different kind of insurance company. We give back revenues to our members, not investors. We’ve been around for more than a century because we’ve always kept our promises. Through recessions and wars, we’ve remained stable and reliable.
If you want to be part of an organization where you’re not just an employee – you’re a valued member of the family – WoodmenLife is the place for you!
Primary responsibility is to provide direction and support involving commissions and report building for Woodmen Insurance Agency, Inc. Analyze, research, and prepare information relating to all commission payments, commission repayment plans, various field bonuses, PFYC, application credit, child support, wage garnishment, 1099, year end reporting, and numerous other compensation processes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receives and analyzes requests received from Regional Directors, Regional Sales Managers, Sales Representatives, carrier company contracts, and numerous home office associates relating to the Woodmen Insurance Agency’s commission system and correct errors if needed.
- Researches each certificate involved in an internal replacement. Determines what percent, or if any commission and PFYC should be cut. Once percentage is determined, recalculates and adjusts commission accounts. Adjusts the commission percentages in the certificate master. Reassigns or recodes the geographical assignment of certificates based on marketing area boundaries or member request.
- Performs quality control audits after each commission run to confirm that WinOPS is performing all commission compensation transactions accurately. The incumbent is responsible for the release of commission to the field. The incumbent addresses any commission system discrepancies with vendors for resolution.
- Performs accounting transactions to maintain consistency between the commission system and the E-license record so that the WIA balance sheet is correct. This includes both production and commission adjustments.
- Recalculates commissions and various bonuses for the Sales force when special circumstance occurs. Initiates vouchers to draw special checks. Adjust commission accounts as requested by other departments so they can complete their departmental transactions.
- Compiles the appropriate data and applies it to the calculation of commission accounts. Performs manual adjustments to numerous agent records to ensure the appropriate tax accounts are reports to. Compiles financial and legal information for the payment of commission amounts to the estate of a deceased Sales representative.
- Responsible to build and run the following reports: Top Producer Report, Cross Sales Report, John Alden Appointment Fee Report, PFYC Report, Commission Breakdown Report, Sales by State Report, Application Credit Report,GAP report, and all accounting and newly requested applicable reports.
- Provides customer service researching agent’s questions, working with affiliate companies, and verifying information an agents and customers.
- Codes all rate table calculations
- Builds and inputs all new products and holdings in the WinOPS System
- Builds all breakdowns for WIA commission rates as well as all commission schedules that go out to Sales.
- Assists in the development and implementation of procedures, and participates in the planning process in order for Woodmen Insurance Agency to meet and exceed service expectations.
- Runs operation of the WinOPS system which consists of troubleshooting system errors, backup of the WinOPS system, testing for upgraded versions of WinOPS, and quality for synchronized information with in the WinOPS system, and hard coding new fields into the WinOps system for more accurate use by WIA staff and reporting purposes.
- Clears the WinOPS system of all outdated debt balances and send synchronized information to accounting so the necessary write-offs can be performed.
- Logs and bills all affiliate companies for missed and delinquent commission balances due to WIA.
- Tests and runs all year end processing and sends all files to WoodmenLife for mail out of 1099’s to Sales.
- Works with Accounting and Auditors on balancing accounts as well as verifying all accounts and processes are run correctly and accurately.
- Calculates and disperses all child support, levy, and garnishment payments to theIRS
- Works in Peachtree to balance concession deposit registry reports to the accounting deposit reports
- Trains, guides and monitors WIA associates on all commission related duties and processes.
- Ability to deal confidentially in a professional manner and be backup to other WIA positions.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality in accordance with the expectations established by your supervisor and WoodmenLife policy.
- Ability to work overtime and perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to work with little supervision or work independently.
- The ability to work with confidential information in a professional manner.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Skilled in effective verbal and written communications.
- The ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of the function of each Division within the Organization and WIA
- General understanding of insurance and carrier company products.
- Ability to resolve problems openly and honestly.
- Ability to produce accurate and timely work.
- Thorough knowledge of the mainframe WinOPS and E-license database.
- Knowledge of the Internet, Microsoft Work, Impromptu, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, elicense database, WinOPS, and Ingenium.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in an office environment.
- Willingness to complete FIC and FICF courses in a predetermined time frame.
- Creates special reports pertaining to field compensation, recruiting, training, and fraternal information using Shazam, Impromptu, Microsoft Excel. Analyzes information and compile reports for Field, Legal Department, Accounting, and WIA management.
- The ability to provide seamless, trustworthy, attentive and resourceful (S.T.A.R.) customer service.
- Engages well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at woodmen.org/careers.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities