WESTSIDE COMMUNITY SCHOOLS
909 South 76th Street
Omaha, NE 68114
Nutrition Services Office
POSITION: QUANTITY PRODUCTION ASSISTANT—CONTRACT MEAL KITCHEN
DEPARTMENT: Nutrition Services
5:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Multiple Tasks Include but are not limited to:
- Quantity Food Preparation and Production
- Be able to use all kitchen equipment necessary for preparation of food
- Must be able to maintain consistent and accurate counting of portions, portion sizing and related accounting of food production
- Cleaning of kitchen and equipment as required
- Be able to carry cases of food, beverages, paper goods and prepared food
- Ability to work with school staff, students, and community
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in food service and food production
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Ability to take direction from Kitchen Manager
- Knowledge and ability of cleaning kitchen and preparation of food
- Strong counting skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the Federal School Breakfast and Lunch Program requirements and regulations including:
- Offer vs. Serve
- Qualifications for a reimbursable meal
- Knowledge of portion sizes and proper kitchen procedures
- Serve Safe Certified in food handling
- Experience in quantity food production
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (ADA Compliance Regulations)
- Be able to lift boxes or containers weighing 40+ lbs.
- Be able to stand on feet to perform job responsibilities
Note: Background checks are required in the hiring process.
All benefits are available as stated in the Local 226 contract between the Nutrition Service Employees and the Board of Education of the Westside Community Schools, School District 66.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Apply online at www.westside66.org
Will train interested and qualified parties.
Westside Community Schools is an EEO employer