Paraprofessional (Educational Assistant) for School Year 2018-19
*May Include Title Schools and Special Education positions as well.
Education Level and Certification: High school diploma.
Reports To: Principal/Assistant Principal or Coordinator
Performance Responsibilities and Job Tasks:
1. Provide extra assistance to students with special needs.
2. Tutor and assist children individually or in small groups to help them master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers.
3. Supervise students in classrooms, halls, cafeterias, school yards, and gymnasiums, or on field trips.
4. Enforce administration policies and rules governing students.
5. Observe students' performance, and record relevant data to assess progress.
6. Discuss assigned duties with classroom teachers to coordinate instructional efforts.
7. Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials to prevent injuries and damage.
8. Present subject matter to students following the direction and guidance of teachers.
9. Perform clerical duties as assigned.
10. Assist with organizing teaching materials such as textbooks, workbooks, papers, and pencils for students.
11. Assist students with technology, audio-visual aids, and other equipment and materials needed for learning.
12. Attend staff meetings and serve on committees, as requested.
13. Prepare lesson materials, and bulletin board displays as requested
14. Carry out therapeutic regimens such as behavior modification, occupational physical therapy practice, speech/language and personal development programs, under the supervision of special education teachers, psychologists, speech language pathologists or other professionals.
15. Provide students with support in using assistive devices, supportive technology, and assistance accessing facilities such as restrooms.
16. Assist in bus loading and unloading.
17. Take class attendance and maintain attendance records.
18. Check homework and tests as requested, and compute and record results, using answer sheets or electronic marking devices.
19. Supervise games and other recreational activities to promote physical, mental, and social development.
20. Assist students with computer/technology hardware and software use.
21. If requested to, participate in teacher-parent conferences regarding students' progress or problems.
22. Plan, prepare, and develop various teaching aids such as notes, charts, and graphs.
23. Conduct demonstrations to teach such skills as sports, dancing, and handicrafts.
24. Requisition and stock teaching materials and supplies.
25. Operate and maintain audio-visual equipment and/or technology.
26. Enforce administration policies and rules governing students.
27. Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible.
28. Provide care for students, including reporting suspected child abuse or neglect to supervisor and provide medication administration as assigned (if trained).
29. Maintain confidentiality of information concerning staff, students, and parents in accordance with law and District rules.
30. Adhere to the code of ethics of the District for non-certificated staff. The Educational Assistant must serve as a positive role model for staff and students.
31. Perform other tasks or duties as assigned by the supervisor or Principal.
Apply online at www.westside66.org
Westside Community Schools is an EEO employer
|Date Posted||November 20, 2018|
|Date Closes||December 20, 2018|
|Address||Westside Community Schools|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Part-time Employee|
|SOC Category||25-9041.00 Teacher Assistants|
This job offers the following benefits
This job is related other jobs in these career categories