Westside Community Schools Omaha, NE
Westside Community Schools
Building Services Job Description
POSITION: Relief Engineer Category IV
Full Time – 12 months per year
Approximate Shift Time: Monday-Friday 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
SUPERVISED BY: Director of Building Services
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift and carry 70 lbs a distance of 50 feet on a repeated basis
- Ability to climb and work from ladders up to 35’
- 3rd grade City of Omaha Engineer License
- Minimum 5 years building and grounds maintenance experience
- Minimum 5 years verifiable experience in electrical & HVAC repairs, service, chillers, boilers, etc.
- Minimum 5 years experience: repairing furniture, light carpentry skills, trouble shooting electrical & HVAC systems, operate building management systems, perform plumbing repairs & service, repair flooring issues, painting, limited asphalt and concrete repair/replacement, etc.
- Physically able to perform tasks under working conditions which require walking, standing, lifting, carrying and bending over for long periods of time.
- Ability to implement oral and written instructions; including but not limited to schedules, work orders, product labels, chemical mixing and Safety Data Sheets.
- Ability to work with or without supervision, follow directions, and follow work assignments, schedules and procedures.
- Must be flexible and willing to adjust quickly to the changing demands of a busy Urban School District.
- Must work well with the public, students, staff and supervisors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide relief coverage at various sites throughout the District as may be needed due to illness, vacation schedule or other reason by which an assignment engineer may be unavailable for work. These assignments may be made at the last minute and at any time.
- Will be assigned to various sites to accomplish, but not limited to, the following:
- When filling in, perform all normal duties of assignment engineer to include but not limited to: breakfast/lunch setup, setup for various events, and complete the routine cleaning schedule at the site for which coverage is provided.
- Repair/replacement of floor coverings, repair walls, replace ceiling tiles
- Patching and painting
- Glass repair
- Minor electrical work: rewire circuits, change ballasts, replace faulty switches, troubleshooting
- Furniture repair
- Plumbing repairs: replace fixtures, replace components, install new lines, soldering/welding, etc.
- Preventive maintenance on all mechanical systems, filter changes, etc.
- When not providing relief coverage for other Engineers, work orders may be assigned at any site for completion to include various routine repair and/or preventive maintenance of electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Snow removal. When providing coverage at any site, completion of sidewalk snow and ice control as needed. Will also be part of the Service Center snow plow team.
Application Process: Online
Westside Community Schools is an EEO employer
| Date Posted
June 14, 2018
| Date Closes
July 14, 2018
Westside Community Schools
| Located In
| Job Type
40 hours per week
| SOC Category
49-9042.00 Maintenance and Repair Workers, General
This job offers the following benefits
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Bereavement Pay
- Free Parking
- Paid Holidays
- Wellness Program
- Merit Increases
This job requires the following skills
- Building / Employee Security
- Building Code Expertise
- Commercial Construction
- HVAC Fabrication and Installation
- HVAC Repair and Maintenance
- HVAC System Designing
- Industrial Electrical
- Lawn Sprinkler Installation / Maintenance
- Mixed Use Property Construction
- OSHA Specialist
- Excellent Communications
- Problem Resolution
- Other - Engineering
- Office Machine Repairs
- Utility - Management
This job is related other jobs in these career categories