Personal Care Nurse
Westside Community Schools Omaha, NE
General job description: Under the supervision of the Health Resources Consultant (HRC) RN or designee, delivers individualized medical care to the student as defined in the Individual Health Plan. Provides support to the student to achieve the student’s educational goals as directed by the resource and classroom teachers.
PERFORMANCE AND BEHAVIORAL EXPERCTATIONS
- Assess each individual student’s health status and needs for the school day. Collaborates with HRC RN to adapt plan of care for day based on assessments.
- Provides care using nursing standards, nursing procedures and district policy in accordance with the Individual Health Plan.
- Continually evaluates all outcomes of nursing intervention(s) and collaborates with HRC RN to adapt action plans as needed to benefit each medically fragile student.
- Displays knowledge, critical thinking, practices risk management and safety precautions.
- Displays a professional and caring attitude in dealing with students, staff and parents.
- Communicates confidential information only on need-to-know basis and discusses this in areas where information cannot be overheard.
- Accepts personal responsibility for work included in job description and assistance with other students.
- Takes necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, material and facilities.
- Enthusiastically approaches their role and displays pride in the organization.
- Assists other students in the classroom as directed by the classroom teacher.
- Enhances student involvement with other classmates.
- Understands and supports the Districts missions and goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Current valid Nebraska LPN or RN license. Certified in Basic Cardiac Life Support.
EDUCATION: Graduate of accredited school of nursing. Participated in inservices and continuing education mandated by policy, external agencies or as directed by supervisor.
Application Process: Apply online at https://westside.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Westside Community Schools is an EEO Employer
| Date Posted
November 29, 2017
| Date Closes
December 29, 2017
Westside Community Schools
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category
29-1141.00 Registered Nurses
This job offers the following benefits
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Merit Increases
This job is related other jobs in these career categories