Description: Assisting teachers with needs of Special Education students
Under the supervision of certified staff members, assists with educational, social, behavioral and other needs of special education students and assists with classroom/school duties. Essential functions and responsibilities are subject to, and performed according to, the particular needs of the students assigned. Also performs related work as directed.
Education and/or Experience:
1. High school diploma
2. Previous teaching or aide experience in educational environment involving students with disabilities, or related training and experience, is preferred.
Additional Performance Responsibilities and Job Tasks:
1. Assist with instruction and behavior support of students with disabilities under the supervision of the special education teacher and other certified staff, including performing tasks related to goals and objectives unique to each assigned student.
2. Perform a variety of tasks in both general education and special education classrooms and other areas of the school, including supervision of students on school grounds, including playground, halls, bathrooms, lunchroom and drop-off and pick-up areas, and on field trips.
3. Feeding and assistance with personal needs of students, including bathroom needs, of students as necessary.
4. Assist with preparation of materials and performance of recordkeeping and other duties of a clerical nature.
5. Timely and reliable daily attendance.
6. Other essential functions and responsibilities may exist as necessitated by the needs of each school and its students, and the particular EA assignment.
Performance Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function. The performance requirements set forth below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform the essential functions:
1. Necessary aptitude in applicable curriculum areas and technology.
2. Accurately follow plans and instructions, including ability to understand and carry out written or oral instructions within necessary time frames.
3. Successfully perform a variety of physical and mental work. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, see, hear, lift, kneel, bend and reach. The employee may also, depending on the specific EA assignment and considering student needs and safety, be required to stand, walk, push, and possess the ability to lift a student and equipment.
4. Communicate, cooperate, and interact appropriately and effectively with students, teachers, parents, and administrators.
5. Deal effectively with a variety of situations involving special needs students, including instances of behavioral or other social difficulties.
6. Ability to adapt to changes in specific duties.
7. Compliance with Board policies, District rules, regulations and practices, and applicable laws.
Apply on-line at www.westside66.org
|Date Posted||August 29, 2017|
|Date Closes||September 28, 2017|
|Address||Westside Community Schools|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Part-time Employee|
|SOC Category||25-9041.00 Teacher Assistants|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories