Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; expedited; temperature-controlled; and flatbed services. Werner's Logistics portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner's domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.
The main purpose of this position is to create freight bills for customers from trip information obtained from various sources.
- Create freight bills for customers using: Imaged copies of the bill of ladings and other documents turned in by drivers, trip information input by Marketing and Operations, customer rate screens, bill-to coding screen, and other information. Verify input information on bill-to codes (designates customer and billing address), rates, product shipped, weight, shipper number and other charges and correct as needed.
- Research customer rate information in the AS/400 computer
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisory personnel
- Skill in operating a P.C., must include Windows
- Alphanumeric data entry skills of 6,000 to 7,000 kph
- Knowledge of transportation terminology usually gained through practical experience and on-the-job training
- Good organized skills
- High School graduate or equivalent experience
- One to two years data entry experience prefered
- Six months to one year P.C., Windows experience required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicants age.
Werner Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: On-Site Fitness Center and Cafeteria at the Omaha headquarters location.
View other jobs at Werner Enterprises...
More About Us